• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Size of the GT sidecases?

I don't know about that. But I can get an XXL Arai helmet in one without any problem.

I like having the top box. I don't use it often, but its pretty handy for store runs or traveling two-up.

If your are just looking for security and it is not a weather concern, simply running a cable through the stitch and a grab handle has served me well for many years. At the airport or work, I am parked in a garage, but use the cable for security. Same if out shopping, etc. For overnight stuff not in a garage, same, but folded on the seat and my traveler cover over the whole bike hiding it. I have the two piece Stitch with full armor and back protector. I have been able to place the Stitch in the bags of my RS with armor, but I think I detatched them, one on each side before I had the back protector. I think the new GT bags are a little smaller, but not sure. Regardless, the armor took a little time to reform.

2007 K1200GT and Aerostich Roadcrafter

See my answer to your question at the K-Bikes forum. In a word, "no".

Last edited:
If you mount the proper size spinnaker and have it set in the optimum position you can make good headway into a headwind. :whistle

Regardless, the armor took a little time to reform.

This is a real PITA at low temps - especially around 0C/32F which can make the suit almost impossible to wear so if you can't arrange things so the armor pieces can't sit in more or less a 'natural' state size does matter when it is cold!

Back