• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Settings Saved?

bobs_one

So, I went for a ride two days ago and had the seat heater and hand warmers both turned on. I had a great ride, came back and shut bike down without turning off the seat or hand warmers.

I went for a ride today and, when I started the bike, neither the hand warmers nor the seat heater were turned on, so I had to turn them on again. This is what I expected - I thought that these settings were reset everytime the bike was shut down. However, after riding for about 20 minutes, I shut the bike off for a few minutes while I got off and swapped my gloves with others in the trunk. When I restarted it, the hand warmers and seat heater were still set as I had had them before shutting the bike down.

So, does the bike "remember" settings like these for some brief period of time, but forget/reset them after some longer period of time?:scratch

No solid idea, but I can attest that in BMW automobiles they do so - heated seats will retain their settings for a brief period, but will reset to "off" after that. Would make sense that the bikes were similar.

Is that in a manual anywhere? If it works that way, it's actually a neat feature.

There's definitely a timeout on the save settings feature ... it will stay where I left it after a stop when I'm riding during the day but almost always resets to off the next morning.

Is that in a manual anywhere? If it works that way, it's actually a neat feature.

Someone here found the information, unfortunately I can't remember who or where. All I know is that's the way mine works. I've seen it on rental RTs too. As lirider said, everything is reset the next morning.

Back