• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Service Manual for K1200LT 2006

T

TORQUE

I've serched the forums and web sites for a Clymers or Haynes Service Manual for my 2006 K1200LT. I can't seem to find one, only up to 2005. If you know where I could find one, great. I know my dealer has the BMW service manual, but I'm not a mechanic, so I need a little extra help. E-bay was no help, nor any search engine I have. Have any ideas?

I've serched the forums and web sites for a Clymers or Haynes Service Manual for my 2006 K1200LT. I can't seem to find one, only up to 2005. If you know where I could find one, great. I know my dealer has the BMW service manual, but I'm not a mechanic, so I need a little extra help. E-bay was no help, nor any search engine I have. Have any ideas?

The aftermarket service manuals usually run a few years behind the model years.

Service manual

Torque;211920

I believe that for doing the routine service like oil change, valve clearance check, etc. the Clymer manual that covers 99 - 04 would have the correct information. You may want to confirm that valve clearance specification did NOT change but the procedure to check them would remain unchanged. The main changes between the 04 & 05-06 models to the best of my knowledge are:

1) Front fork rake angle was changed to help improve slow speed handling.

2) Engine BHP was increased by 15 HP. ( This is why I reccomend confirming the valve clearance for an 06)

3) Seat was changed to give a lower seat height.

4) EHCS (Electro Hydraulic Center Stand) I do not believe this is covered in the Clymer Manual.

NOTE: I do NOT know about the brakes or what the brake bleeding procedure is.

Hope this helps

Roy

Last edited:

Some of the service intervals have changed, also. Check under the search function in this K-bikes forum for my 12-19-07 post by name "K1200LT Annual Maintenance"; be sure to click the button for "Show Posts", first.

Back