• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Seat Concepts 1200rt

jddiesel

I finally got my seat from seat concepts. Front and rear comfort. It turned out great. I've only got a few days on it. OMG its soooo much better then the stocker. More later. JD........

No your not missing something froggy. They used my bike for the seat build. They should have it on there web site soon.

temesvar As soon as I figure out how put pictures up I will do so
so far it's been great. I have only been going to work and back. 30 min each way and no arse pain lol. Going to San Diego today.Should be a great ride for the backend,:dance
Thanks JD........

No your not missing something froggy. They used my bike for the seat build. They should have it on there web site soon.

temesvar As soon as I figure out how put pictures up I will do so
so far it's been great. I have only been going to work and back. 30 min each way and no arse pain lol. Going to San Diego today.Should be a great ride for the backend,:dance
Thanks JD........
Nice to see the seat looks good. I have been thinking of replacing the 2X6 seat on my TW-200 with one from Seat Concepts.
For posting pictures, and some general help, check this Best of Forum- http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?79204-How-to-post-on-the-forum
Gary

well I have tried several times to put some pictures up with no luck. LOL. The seat is great. My ride to San Diego and back resulted in a pain free arse. :dance. In a few weeks I,m planning a long ride 500 to 600 miles. But I will try and find a way to get pictures up..........JD

this might work. Guess I have put my pictures on my computer. Been trying to up load from my phone.

Attachments

• downsized_1126110953.jpg
    downsized_1126110953.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 188
this might work. Guess I have put my pictures on my computer. Been trying to up load from my phone.
You will probably have to have the pictures in a selectable file and then choose to attach them. A quick snapshot to a direct forum post seems "iffy" a lot of the time.
Yeah- "where's the seat?". :)
OM

Ok I think this worked....JD

Attachments

• IMG_3095.JPG
    IMG_3095.JPG
    122.2 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_3096.JPG
    IMG_3096.JPG
    115.3 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_3097.JPG
    IMG_3097.JPG
    101.8 KB · Views: 137
So, they take your stock seat and redo it? Is that right?

Seats look great. Can they lower the seat height at all if you want that?

Looks comfy. Now of course how much $$$, and when will they be avail. My butt wants to know, sorry, it has no manners.:dunno

fordtech50
I am not sure on the lower seat option. Yes they use your seat pan for the new foam and cover. No option as yet for the heated seat if you have one. Give them a call Linden is very helpful. Great people to deal with.

froggy
The seat is very comfortable. And is ready for production. Cost I do not know. They used my bike for the prototype. No cost to me yay lol.......JD

Just checked there web site. Yes they have it listed for RT,s. Prices start at 169.00 to 289.00 depending on what combination you want......JD

So do they ask for any info like inseem, pics of you on bike? Do they just make one seat design for everyone?

On my KLR I ordered the firm foam because I'm not a small guy. So I do believe they will have different firmness of foams.Best to give them a call.......JD

So, they take your stock seat and redo it? Is that right?

Seats look great. Can they lower the seat height at all if you want that?
If you are looking at lower seat, may want to go Sargent low seat(not cheap!) or
OEM one piece bench seat. I have them both, as i am 5'9" with 29" inseam. Sargent
is what i use now, but have sent the low one piece bench seat to have it redone since
am not happy with the looks.The company is called:firma_wijalis I have a great looking
seat for my Triumph, good quality and all. happy with their product, so am giving them a
try at a new look for the one piece seat i have. If you want to see, will post pics, yet
the seat i just sent and will be some time before i get it back!

Checked with Seat Concepts if the seat heating can be retained. Answer from Scott Denison:

Thanks for your interest in a Seat Concepts seat! Unfortunately right now we do not have a way to incorporate a heating element in our kits. We have experimented with several different ways to do that and are continuing to search for something that will work like we want it to. The style that comes standard on the BMW’s is a hot wire that is in-molded into the foam, and is obviously not removable. Our foam molds are not currently configured to let us do that. The pad style elements are a bit of a problem too, because you can see the imprint of the pad through the cover, and there is little or no stretch to them, so it makes the seat feel stiffer.

For now, you lose the heating element with our seat, but we will continue to try to engineer a suitable way to make it work, and will hopefully have something in the future.

Back