• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Schengen Countries

rkasal

Unavailable for comment
Nine more countries becoming part of the Schengen zone on 21 December!!! :dance

I'll be over there in January it looks like and what a difference this world is now. Not only is it even easier to cross borders but it's also no visa required (for U.S. citizens) or even stopping at the borders. The Schengen agreement does make it difficult for non-EU people to work in those countries but still, what freedom!

Let me repeat - no borders stops! They may randomnly stop cars well before borders but you'd have to draw their attention. Different rules as far as airports. My understanding is there are still customs and entry requirements so check the rules of the country you're entering to or leaving from.

No, this isn't a ride report - yet. I'll be driving once landing in the CR and probably go to only Poland and maybe Germany but I'm thinking of this as a scouting trip for this summer. Then, there'll be a ride report.

Guess I'm posting this to make people aware of how much easier it will be to travel in Europe as people make plans for next year.

The current Schengen countries are: Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Iceland, Italy, Greece, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, and Sweden. Coming 21 December: Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Poland, Slovenia, Slovakia, and the Czech Republic.

Regards,

Randy Kasal

Back