• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Salty Fog Riders Rally 2015: The Final Chapter

I already did that, hope I'm not overlooked for updates. Don't do to much fishing.:violin

In terms of updates, send us an email to saltyfogriders@gmail.com and that will ensure that you are in the communications loop (that goes for all others who may be interested as well).

I will be posting information here on the Forum regarding all rally information, costs (very close to last year) etc. Still waiting for two camp site confirmations (one has three cabins which we are offering as an additional option for about $4 more per person - based on a four person share..... they give us a good deal).

Back to posting soon. - Bob

Last edited:
As a major project here in Larry's River is quickly winding down, I am finally able to provide updates about our 8th, and final, Salty Fog Riders Rally. Unfortunately though, this same project has made it impossible to make it to Billings. We were looking forward to it but it won't happen. Hopefully past SFRR alumni and other interested riders will meet and hoist a beer for us. :beer

So now we move forward to discuss Salty Fog Riders Rally 2015!

SEPTEMBER 6-11, 2015

As most know, we open our home and other facilities to host this little introduction to north-eastern Nova Scotia. Situated in the historic Acadian fishing village of Larry's River, we are located on the river and a short walk from the ocean. Will post some location pics shortly. Camping is free and we open Mary's art studio, on the upper level of our barn, for those who would like that option.

FIRST (following the stay in Larry's River): THE THREE DAY 500 MI/800KM ROUTE

saltyfog2011.jpg

SECOND: THE FOOD :eat

Slide1_zpsdqspdmt8.jpg

(opps.... typo: Monday breakfast: Pancakes with fresh wild blueberries, sausages, tea/coffee...but you can have soup if you want)
NEXT: COSTS, LINKS AND PICTURES

Last edited:
Some previous Salty Fog Riders video.....

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/GCl8lkGLXNo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/YP9UicsIQV8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/0DPlRSHtqXM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Be part of our final rally movie and contact us at saltyfogriders@gmail.com!

Last edited:
Now that everyone is back from Billings, (we remain disappointed that we were not able to be there but next year in NY for sure!), maybe you are looking for something a little different in the 'rally world'. Early September is gorgeous in Nova Scotia. Weather tends to be more stable and many of the tourists have returned home while others eagerly await touring through the Celtic Colours of Fall. Our rally rolls between the two.

This year we are again very pleased to have Quinn, our 'resident astronomer', coming for some star gazing (with loads of insights and information) here in Larry's River on the 6th and 7th. Weather permitting.

This our final year. A bit sad but.... We are looking forward to hosting this again for both alumni and new friends. If interested, be sure and email us at saltyfogriders@gmail.com

Last edited:
Did you ever get a Paypal account ?

Hey Harry! no.... I suppose if we were to continue/expand that would have been a reasonable but now, as we bring things to a close, we're not going to set it up. But geez Harry, we'd love to have you join us again for one more formal gathering. After that we always look forward to you visiting with us anytime! - Bob

Still some room available. Limit of 20 individuals to gather around the campfires in LR, KOA and Meat Cove. - Bob

Getting 'down to the wire' and we have six, or maybe seven, spaces left. If interested please be sure and contact us at saltyfogriders@gmail.com. Many 'alumni' and new riders attending thus far but still some room to join! Don't forget the attractive USD-CDN conversion. - Bob

12 more days :dance Still time to be part of this final six day 'foodfest' and 500 mile camping tour around Cape Breton Island. The wild blueberries and blackberries (for pancakes and side-dishes) are just about ripe for the picking in our field:eat

BobandMary37_zps6f982ae7.jpg

...and the chicken soup! (as our friend Ron can confirm here; and, Three-Bowl-John fondly remembers)

IMG_2292_zps94195b46.jpg

If interested please contact us (asap) at saltyfogriders@gmail.com to get on mailing list for rally and/or information. - Bob

I am pretty much packed and ready to head out in the morning (August 27) from Calgary. I'm planning to spend time off the beaten track in the Qu'Appelle Valley in central Saskatchewan for the first couple of days on the way to visit my son in Winnipeg for a weekend layover. Then the trip east begins in earnest. See you all there! :dance

Well 3 bowls isn't the record! :dance

:bow..... ok, that is so true. However, it is unfortunate that the 5 bowl event will be left to our imagination on this 8th and final episode. SFRR 2014 did provide this memorable moment though.....

SOUP4_zps971bf40a.jpg

....your turn John :hide - Bob

I am pretty much packed and ready to head out in the morning (August 27) from Calgary. I'm planning to spend time off the beaten track in the Qu'Appelle Valley in central Saskatchewan for the first couple of days on the way to visit my son in Winnipeg for a weekend layover. Then the trip east begins in earnest. See you all there! :dance

You have a long ride Ken and we look forward to having you join us. Sounds like a pleasant journey for you. Ride safe.... of course. See you on the 6th! - Bob

WEATHER: So far the forecast is sunshine with a bit of cloud. Temps hovering around the daytime high of 76-78F. It would be pleasant indeed to have this final SFRR provided under such ideal conditions! 7 more days :thumb - Bob

NS Fuel Shortages?

Hearing some press about gas shortages in Nova Scotia as I head east. Is this anything we should be concerned about?

Today it all begins. Stay tuned for the Ride Report under: Salty Fog Riders Rally 2015: The Final Ride Report

Back