• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Salty Fog Riders Rally 2015: The Final Chapter

... the lucky bunch uh Cabot Trail cowboys, out on a beautiful Maritime meander! Wishing them fantastic conditions & great camaraderie during the Fog finale.

"three bowl" john & "daylight" dara

Have great ride with fine maritime cuisine and of course good entertainment at the Louisburg Playhouse. :thumb

Have great ride with fine maritime cuisine and of course good entertainment at the Louisburg Playhouse. :thumb

As you know Paul, first Rita's then onward to Louisbourg to camp, eat at the Lobster Kettle and then to live musical theater at the Playhouse. Great fun!

The final Salty Fog Riders Rally has been completed. AND....as forecast: Good weather, good people and a fun time...... with LOTS of good food! The Ride Report, Salty Fog Riders Rally 2015: The Final Ride Report, will be posted in the coming weeks so, if interested, stay tuned - Bob

What happened to the Tennessean ???? I was looking forward to a lesson on colloquialisms around the campfire.

Salty Fog is now history. Many thanks to Bob and Mary for putting it on and the twenty or thirty folks that took the time to make the trek and share their company with others willing to go to the 'End of the Earth'.
Bob was kind enough to share, with the participants of the last ride, the road signs we followed through the wilds of Nova Scotia to reach our goal, and mine will have an honored spot on my garage wall.
IMG_4217.jpg

Many are in the should of/ could of and would have group but the train has left the station. To them I can only refer to the words of the great Bard:

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition;
And gentlemen in England now-a-bed
Shall think themselves accurs'd they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day

The Salty Fog Rolling Rally was one excellent ride that was appreciated by all that participated. Alas, too many will never experience the camaraderie of the S.F.R.R.

Thank you Bob and Mary hosting the unique hospitality and ride since 2007!

Paul

The Salty Fog Rolling Rally was one excellent ride that was appreciated by all that participated. Alas, too many will never experience the camaraderie of the S.F.R.R.

Thank you Bob and Mary hosting the unique hospitality and ride since 2007!

Paul

Your welcome Paul! Unique indeed. We believe that we prepare a 'one off' sort of rally. Lots of good times and experiences in a small, economical package. Met many interesting people from diverse locations. It does take a great deal of work and effort to make it work but the outcomes have always been worth it. Hopefully many others have used our information to ride here and/or returned with family to enjoy even more of Nova Scotia. All in all: it's been a great ride with many good experiences (and subsequent stories) involving some very interesting and enjoyable participants.

So, stay tuned to the forthcoming Ride Report! - Bob and Mary

Salty Fog is now history. Many thanks to Bob and Mary for putting it on and the twenty or thirty folks that took the time to make the trek and share their company with others willing to go to the 'End of the Earth'.
Bob was kind enough to share, with the participants of the last ride, the road signs we followed through the wilds of Nova Scotia to reach our goal, and mine will have an honored spot on my garage wall.
View attachment 51708

Many are in the should of/ could of and would have group but the train has left the station. To them I can only refer to the words of the great Bard:

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition;
And gentlemen in England now-a-bed
Shall think themselves accurs'd they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day

Ah......a momento hung in great company indeed! And, to be riding side-by-side with great poets is indeed an honor. Thanks. - Bob and Mary

What happened to the Tennessean ???? I was looking forward to a lesson on colloquialisms around the campfire.

I reckon I'd been there had I not been waylaid with other shenanigans. I turned it over in my mind and just couldn't see no way to make it up yonder. I figure y'all had a right good time! I might mosey up that way next year and see if ol' Bob can set me up fer the night.:dance

The final attendee to return home from Salty Fog

I just arrived home in the west from the Salty Fog - what an experience! Bob and Mary - just superb hosts in every way! Really nice to meet others with similar interests and like minds and share such a meaningful and enjoyable time together on the road and off. Tale of the tape for me 11, 942 Km on the road for this rally and worth every one. Already rumours of a get together of Salty Fog Alumni at next years national are out there; oops did I write that down? :dance

I just arrived home in the west from the Salty Fog - what an experience! Bob and Mary - just superb hosts in every way! Really nice to meet others with similar interests and like minds and share such a meaningful and enjoyable time together on the road and off. Tale of the tape for me 11, 942 Km on the road for this rally and worth every one. Already rumours of a get together of Salty Fog Alumni at next years national are out there; oops did I write that down? :dance

Salty Fog Alumni? Yes, a gathering of those interested. Alumni and other like folk. This will take a bit of thought and planning. If interested please contact us. Great meeting you Ken..... will send note on other email.

Last edited:
An epic ride, Ken. Well done. :thumb Did you replace any tires en route?

Yes, had to replace the rear tire due to a nail in New Brunswick which was rectified by the Atlantic Motoplex BMW shop in Dieppe (near Moncton) with a four hour warning from the road. Props to the guys who got me slotted in on a very busy afternoon for them. The front tire is still looking and feeling not too bad with just over 16K Km - assume the rear would have lasted as well. Just love those PR4s - especially in the rain which I got to test out thoroughly on the way home.
IMG_1337.jpg

Sorting through about 400 pictures to tell the tale of our final chapter. Look for Salty Fog Riders Rally 2015: A Final Ride Report I should be able to have this up and running by month's end. - Bob

EDIT: make that 735 pictures plus the 100+ sent by Ken. Starting Ride Report today and tomorrow. So, check in at Salty Fog Riders Rally 2015: The Final Ride Report. - Bob, Oct 22, 2015

UP AND RUNNING AT http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?82849-Salty-Fog-Riders-Rally-2015-A-Final-Ride-Report

Last edited:
Back