• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

S Fairing??

archander

I just picked up a BMW S fairing for my 78 R100S (naked). The fairing has the BMW part #46631233172. When i go to mico fish, it does not come up??? They only list the #46631233732. Im sure its the same, but why did it change???

I believe that the material from which these fairings were moulded has been changed (improved) hence the new number.

The new fairings, from what I have heard, are plastic. The older ones are fiberglass. But I'm not sure if changing the oem specs would automatically mean the sku number would change too. You might look at other bikes with the S fairing through the years and see if the number changes. Look at the 19804 R100CS, for example.

Back