• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Rush

Side one of 2112 is maybe the best 'crank it up' half-hour of rock music ever made.

I haven't listened to it in years, but by just you mentioning it, I can remember every note. Looks like I'll have to go digging through my CD's tonight. I have a few fav's to listen to while riding hard. I bet this is a great one too. I'll be loading it on the MP3 for a spring ride!

Seen them 8 times but not recently.
Yes I said eight as in one after seven.
I bought the RIO show on DVD, pretty good show, crazy audience.

Last summer I lucked out and got to see Rush in Winnipeg,a buddy picked me up a great ticket,eye level seat,maybe 30 feet from the stage.Taking in the show,it was obvious that Rush is arguably the greatest rock band ever!

Security kept shining their flashlights on me,telling me taking pictures was not allowed,Yeah,right.

Attachments

• IMG_0733_800x600.JPG
    IMG_0733_800x600.JPG
    124.3 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
Last summer I lucked out and got to see Rush in Winnipeg,a buddy picked me up a great ticket,eye level seat,maybe 30 feet from the stage.Taking in the show,it was obvious that Rush is arguably the greatest rock band ever!

Security kept shing their flashlights on me,telling me taking pictures was not allowed,Yeah,right.

Well, taking FLASH pictures when the only thing you do is illuminate the backs of your fellow concertgoers' heads is kinda' dumb, even if allowable ...

Didn't know that; the other version of it on Youtube actually has the camps as the video background.

I confess I don't listen to lyrics much, just the music.

I am mostly moved by the music too. I try to listen to and understand the lyrics but I get too deep in the music to hear the words.

I just watched the video that was redone with clips from The Band of Brothers movie. http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=NL&hl=nl&v=CzXDi_f9PUY

Wow! That song combined with video images depicting the concentration camps was just too much. I am glad no one walked up on me while it was playing because for a minute there I was nearly a blubbering mess.

These guys are good at their craft for sure!

Actually one that I've been digging lately is La Villa Strangiato from the Rio show where they interpolate "The Girl from Ipanema" while Alex goes off on some vocal tangent concluding with ". . . . and I'm Stan Getz".

Wacky.

420088934_3CbUy-O.jpg

from Ted's linked story: "...Neil poured The Macallan..."

Macallan is what prompted me to bump this thread, as we had a scotch thread going in a car forum I belong to, and Neil's favourite beverage came up.

Last edited:
enjoyed "Ghost Rider", although it did change somewhere in the middle. You guys might check out "Roadshow". It is also a travelogue of sorts, but goes much more into what life was like driving concert to concert (with the GS in a trailer behind the bus), and writing songs. It gives a lot of behind the scenes info for the songs.

...it did change somewhere in the middle...TheRoss

My recollection is that, in dealing with his grief, he assumes certain personas, and that these change as he goes through his recovery.

enjoyed "Ghost Rider", although it did change somewhere in the middle. QUOTE]

ItÔÇÖs probably been covered elsewhere here but I believe that is when the book transitioned to the "letters" section. Neil is a gifted writer and musician and I certainly empathize with his tragic loss but I found it tough to get thru after that (although I did finish it).

I think I've intentionally avoided becoming a huge fanboy since realizing Neil rides BMWs. I listened to them (and classic rock in general) a fair amount back in high school, but I never nerded out on them.

They have some really cool stuff.. and some rather embarrassing stuff.

.. and some rather embarrassing stuff.

we're riding home from NYC last night and "Subdivisions" comes on the radio. my fiancee says "why do they feel the need to compose everything in really awkward time signatures, rock just doesn't work in 14/11 time." hahaha:dunno

A bit of Rush History for you Rush fans-

From CBS Sunday Morning-

Rockin' on from The Great White North. :)

OM

Back