• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Rs brakes

Hi gang
Went for a spin today and out of the driveway noticed that the front brakes were bound up. The bike is an 81 RS. So I turn back to the barn and figure bleed the brakes. I bleed the brakes and have no pressure at the lever, help!!! I want to ride, it's 60 in New England.
Thanks in advance
Brian
9842:violin

Last edited:
RS Brakes

Chances are the vent port in the master cylinder is plugged. Look down into the resevoir and you'll see the top of the cylinder. In it are two holes, one relatively large and the other is tiny-about .013-.015". The tiny one is the vent port. If you are brave and careful, you can open this hole with a wire drill. You have little to lose; the alternatives are rebuilding or replacing the master cylinder, which you may have to do anyway.

I'm in VT, too. Today was a gift, and I went for a short ride.

Back