• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Roadcrafter One Piece question (s)

redclfco

I'm looking for a used roadcrafter one piece to wear while commuting. My Boss hinted the other day that my apperance in business casual was looking rumpled; the nerve of that woman! Ha Rumpled, my ass. Il'l rumple herr.....:evil

Well sorry, got off the post, save that for Roy's bitcin post in the campfire.

this is the issue; every used roadcraft I see for sale has several things in common:

#1. they all look brand new.
#2. the owners reason for selling is they don't fit.
#3. the sizing in Aerostich mag might as well be in greek because I have no
notion of what SHORT REGULAR OR LONG means!

My fear is dropping large change on a new or used suit based on the following facts,(below) and then it wont fit! I may actually go in debt to Mr. Mastercard and go to duluth to get a new one if I can't figure it out, but my wife would seriously injure me by withholding intimacy or rdin the Beemer, or both for dropping that kind of change!

Looking for a 1 piece roadcrafter that I can tuck me with my dockers and nice white shirt into, ride 50 miles, and come out still pressed and smiling!
Heighth 5-11
weight 205
inseam 34
waste 34
I wear a 37/38 shirt size (I just went to the bathroom and checked this out!)

Size of Levi 501s that fit perfect 34x34

I ride a GS and have longer than average legs? ankles? not sure, but like em long!

Does anybody know from experience what chart that I would fit? Am I long, regular or short?

Last and final question from the brother (sister) hood:

Would I be happier with a two piece versus a coverall type suit?

thank you for your response, your saving my job here!:D (My Boss was the inspiration for the word BITCH) I NEED YOUR HELP HERE!

Red

I'm 6'1", 200 lbs, 34/34 legs and 42 tall jacket.
I have the 44 Tall one piece stich. You go one size up from your suit size.
Click on the Sizing Tool, top middle... http://www.aerostich.com/catalog/US/index.html

How far are you from Duluth? Ride up there and try one on. I hear they are very friendly people and welcome visitors. I think if you go in for a sizing you get a discount.
I get emails from them for their discounted suit sales....
http://www.aerostich.com/catalog/US/Roadcrafter-One-Piece-Suits-p-1-c-306.html

You get either 10 or 15% off if you get sized in house and get free shipping. They have a motorcycle set up in their showroom so you can try your suit on in a "riding" position.

They're very nice people to deal with and stand behind their product.

If you can't make it to Duluth, simply give them all your sizing information you've provided in your post. They can "talk you through" a sizing over the phone. It's what they do for a living. They'll pay for altering the suit until you're satisfied with the fit. You'll just have to pay to ship it back to them for alterations. I had to send mine back twice for alterations, but now it's perfect and I feel naked riding without it.

If you want to go with the used suit, they will alter used ones to fit you as well. Sure, it will cost money to ship it back and forth to have a used suit altered, but you'll have a suit custom-made for you.

If you can't make it to Duluth, simply give them all your sizing information you've provided in your post. They can "talk you through" a sizing over the phone. It's what they do for a living. They'll pay for altering the suit until you're satisfied with the fit. You'll just have to pay to ship it back to them for alterations. I had to send mine back twice for alterations, but now it's perfect and I feel naked riding without it.

If you want to go with the used suit, they will alter used ones to fit you as well. Sure, it will cost money to ship it back and forth to have a used suit altered, but you'll have a suit custom-made for you.
+46L. I bought my first one in '94, and was "measured" over the phone. When I got the suit two weeks later, it was a perfect fit. I sold that suit after I sold my previous motorcycle in '98, and I've recently been in contact with Aerostich about a new suit. I've gotten their sizing recommendations, but I think I'm going to use my judgment to tweak the sizing. I'd like to be measured in Duluth for the suit, but that's not a practical solution for me.

Also, I'm getting a two-piece Roadcrafter, as before. It's nice to be able to takethe jacket off when you're walking around, and to wear just the jacket with armored jeans for a more casual time.

One more thing to consider when buying a Roadcrafter suit - what will you be wearing beneath it?

My suit is one-size too big if I'm only wearing a t-shirt underneath it. If it's warm enough to wear only a t-shirt, it's warm enough to wear the mesh jacket and leave the 'Stich at home. When it's cold, I wear a 400-weight windstopper fleece jacket under my 'Stich. It's bulky and fills up the suit, but that's how insulation works - by trapping dead air between your skin and the outside.

So, with the heavy fleece jacket on under the 'Stich, it fits perfectly and keeps me warm and dry in all sorts of cold and wet weather.

I'm 6'1", 200 lbs, 34/34 legs and 42 tall jacket.
I have the 44 Tall one piece stich. You go one size up from your suit size.
Click on the Sizing Tool, top middle... http://www.aerostich.com/catalog/US/index.html

How far are you from Duluth? Ride up there and try one on. I hear they are very friendly people and welcome visitors. I think if you go in for a sizing you get a discount.
I am 6"1' and 200#. My first (2-piece Roadcrafter) Stich was a 46L. It fit great. I was 15# or so thinner when I originally bought it 12 years ago. Last June I rode up to Duluth and bought a new suit. I got a 48 regular, two-piece. Just sayin'. I have room in there for my electric vest and a fuzzy without feeling packed in like a sausage.

Thanks for all the comments, guys. I think I'm looking at new for me and MR. Master card.

Looks like Im rolling to Duluth maybe tomorrow, maybe Saturday. Will pop a few pics of the joint for those who are interested.

Red

Gee, if the used suits all look new, I guess you won't get "INSTANT STREET-CRED!" :laugh
On another non-motorcycle-related board that I frequent, a member posted a discussion of his technique to get the "well-worn" appearance on a particular piece of hardware worth close to a grand. The technique involved kicking the 8-lb piece of forged aluminum and machined steel down his driveway.

Those looking to gain similar distress on their Roadcrafter are welcome to take a one-way trip with me on the back of my motorcycle!

Looks like Im rolling to Duluth maybe tomorrow, maybe Saturday.
Ten percent off everything purchased in the store! (This discount even counts on stuff that's out of stock that they ship you later.)
WARNING: While there, I spent WAY more on doodads than the discount on the suit.

Back