• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Rin (Rinty) Verstraten Passed

KenDittrick

Rocky Bow BMW Riders #197
Sad news, Rin Verstraten, a long time member of the Rocky Bow BMW Riders and BMWMOA clubs passed away suddenly on May 9. His passion for BMW motorcycles and infectious laugh will certainly be missed. Here is Bri’s e-mail (Rin’s daughter) so that you can pass along your condolences to her directly: Bri.Verstraten@gmail.com A service will be held after the COVID restrictions have eased, hopefully at one of Rin’s favourite places, the Calgary Winter Club. If other news is forwarded to me by the Rocky Bow Club, I will post it as appropriate.

I was saddened when I heard this news. Rin was always a good friend and fellow BMW enthusiast. I first met him through my wife of whom he was a client and discovered the common interest of motorcycles, specifically BMWs and more specifically the R1100RS model which we both rode. We knew his late wife as well and were equally saddened when Rin lost her. They are together again. He'll be missed.

This is truly sad news to learn of. A hundred thoughts and emotions this moment... but I have no worthy sentence of composure.
My condolences to his family and those who knew him very well.
RIP Rin.
John

That's a damn shame. As recently as last week I always enjoyed his postings. My condolences to his family.

He will be missed by all here.

Back