• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Riding in SC

RPGR90s

My wife got a rental in Hardeeville through March 2023 so I will have my bike with me. I admit to knowing zero good roads in SC and would like to do some exploring.

Would appreciate some info.

Thanks very much,

RPGR90s

The roads that parallel the Savannah River are about as good as it gets. Some of the coastal roads are ok, too.

A ride through the Savannah River nuclear area is kinda cool… you’re not supposed to stop!

However, there are some areas in the “upstate” that are superb. US 178 out of Pickens, (off SC 11, a nice touring road), SC28 out of Walhalla is sweet, US276 through the DuPont State Forest is one of the best twisty roads in the country.

All of this is hokum, though… since you’re on the coast. Ride the coastal roads north and south.

Last edited:
Back