• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Recommended Tires for 1991 R100GS

NavyCWO

I have a 1991 R 100GS that I'll be riding on the roads in East Texas. I don't plan on doing any off-road riding:dunno other than maybe an occasional dirt or gravel road. What tires do you-all suggest for good handling and reasonable tire mileage??

I just had Metlzer Lasertec's put on my bike. They run great, grip well, and I just rode about 12 miles of gravel last weekend in addition to 750 miles of tarmac and they didn't skate TOO badly on the gravel.

I like them. A friend has put lots of miles on his set and they're holding up well.

Gripsters!!!!

YOU can scrape your pegs on them, then find just about any dirt road that you want to and have good traction. I get about 8000 miles on mine and they are pretty inexpensive to buy.

YMMV

Before my recent offroad foray (on TKC80's) I was running Michelin Anakee's. I could both drag hard parts and the do well on gravel. Even used them in a bit of off-roading, though nothing too serious. I've also used them in some good amount of rain, no problems.

I'd recommend the Avon Gripster. I am a Metzler Guy at heart, but for an airhead GS, the Avons are hard to beat for handling on the road, off-road use (no deep mud or rock climbing), mileage (how long they last - not miles per gallon) and the cost is very reasonable (you'll save at least $100.00 versus Metzlers).

I've run these on 2 GSs and 1 Paris Dakar and couldn't be happier!

Ive put 2 sets of Michelin anekees on my 92gspd and have had very good luck with them.They do great on dirt roads and well on wet tarmac.Michelin is playing around with delivering them to the U.S.,So good luck getting a set.I put on tck80 last month because I couldnt get the anekees.Good luck

I've had excellent luck with the gripsters and prefer them to the torrances I ran before.

Back