• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Rear brake issue ( maybe) 2011 R1200RT

cowchip

In preparation for my trip to Great Falls, I am performing my two year maintenance plus oil change. Oil change completed and flushing brakes next.
I did both front and rear brakes plus used the GS911 to run the ABS pump for front and rear. Re-bled brakes and no air bubbles. Front brakes work great. Like before. The rear feels good at stand still and with the engine running but when I went for a test ride I had hardly any rear brakes. The lever went almost all the way down and I was not stopping.
Came back and did the rear ABS test again and checked for bubbles. Looks good. Stepping on the brake the wheel stops and feels good. Riding, not so much.
I am looking for direction what to do next from the vast knowledge base.
No failure codes were shown from my testing.

Thanks

If you pump them a few times while riding does the braking come back? Is there any way the rotor is bent?

Rotor is fine. I did pump while riding when I tried to stop. I am going to do another bleed test of the ABS pump this morning and try a few other things before I have the biked towed to the dealer.
Funny, when on the bike and not moving the brakes are fine. I still have the original pads at 26997 miles. Maybe 50 percent left.

Back