• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Rally dates and location

dataman said:
Hopefully I will be home and able to host a BMW gathering of some form. There are some really excellent roads in both VT and NY very close to where I live. I was planning to volunteer at the rally but my business travel schedule prevents me from making the committment. We have plenty of room for anyone wishing to camp in our yard or in the woods near the lake. We are 1 hour from the fairgrounds in Essex Junction.

I love the area. Been to the Green Mtn Rally 4 times now. This year I took Saturday and rode thru my fav place on earth - the Adirondacks. My family vacations there every summer. If I plan a Adirondack BMW weekend in the spring I'll drop you a note. I'm still amazed there is no Adirondack BMW rally. Maybe Americade and Watkins Glen are enough for these locals.

Stopping By

MarkF said:
I love the area. Been to the Green Mtn Rally 4 times now. This year I took Saturday and rode thru my fav place on earth - the Adirondacks. My family vacations there every summer. If I plan a Adirondack BMW weekend in the spring I'll drop you a note. I'm still amazed there is no Adirondack BMW rally. Maybe Americade and Watkins Glen are enough for these locals.
Mark, that will be fine. I'd like to ride with you.

Adirondacks

MarkF said:

Sorry Mark, you missed it.

We had a MOA National at Lake Placid and the RA had one there as well. There used to be a great annual sidecar rally in North Hudson, NY sponsored by the Northeast BMW Club. Wayne Bidwell of CT is one of the last remaining members of that club still riding. Wayne has been AARP eligible for more than a few years now.

The "ride to the rally", sponsored by BMW NA, for the Trenton Rally left NJ, rode to Albany area Berkshire BMW dealer for lunch, then up to Old Forge for the night. Great dinner that night and breakfast the next morning, courtesy of BMW NA, and then on to Trenton the next day. One of the more successful cooperative efforts between the MOA and NA also included the NA sponsorship of the Shannonville Track Day. NA had some
money to spend then. Tighter times now.

Friedle

Michael Friedle said:
Sorry Mark, you missed it.

We had a MOA National at Lake Placid and the RA had one there as well.

The "ride to the rally", sponsored by BMW NA, for the Trenton Rally left NJ, rode to Albany area Berkshire BMW dealer for lunch, then up to Old Forge for the night. Great dinner that night and breakfast the next morning, courtesy of BMW NA, and then on to Trenton the next day.

I was still riding Guzzi back in those days. I do remember the ride to... I went on my own schedule with a partner. Heard I missed out on a good time but had one of my own. That was the same year I got to ride on the track at NHIS and BMWNA paid the bill. I was refering to a nice local rally. If they have it we will come! Heck, I'll go anyways! At least there is a nice gathering in the Catskills...

Permits required

Unregistered said:
What about the Lake Champlain monster? :) can you swim there?

Champ is very particular about who swims in the lake. Permits may be required to as not to upset the plesiosaurs.

swimming with Champ

Permits are not required to swim in Lake Champlain.

A pre-swim shower is required. It's a very enviromentally conscious State. Why do you think they call it the "Green State" :D

Friedle

RV Park

For you Vermonters in the Burlington area, I'll be coming to my first BMW rally after spending a month or so on PEI and NS. As a fulltime RVer, I carry my bike on the back of the motorhome. I'm also heading for Burlington for another reason, my son and daughter-in-law from Atlanta will be moving to Burlington next summer.
I'm thinking of staying at the Apple Island RV Resort which I guess is about 15 miles from the rally site. Has anyone been to that rv park and what can you tell me about it?
Thanks.

GPS Location?

In MapSource, the CVE is listed as:

N44 29.675 W73 07.219

When I try to plug in what is on the MOA Rally page:

44?? 28'N, 73?? 9' W

Even if I lose the comma and swap the letters to match the Garmin format, it returns an "invalid" error message.

Anyone know what gives?

Bob

rally camping

What is the rally site like? - Can I pitch my tent pretty much anywhere I find open space? - -

Daver90s said:
What is the rally site like? - Can I pitch my tent pretty much anywhere I find open space? - -

Greetings,

The site is approximately 130 acres of which most is open green space.

There is a "town center" which will be pedestrian only. Outside of this area you can camp anywhere you wish.

There is plenty of room for camping.

Best,

Here's a picture:

maps

arrival date?

Was't it originally posted that you could enter the fairground on the Wednesday the 19th?

Now I'm reading that you can't get in until Thursday the 20th.

What's up with that?

Jason

Minuteman 1K

If this goes thru I'm in Rob! Great job on the MinuteMan 1K this month.
Look forward to seeing you at the MOA along with others who did the
ride!
Vern

Moa

Now that I can post to this forum, I'm looking forward to getting to know more people before the MOA. I know Rob Nye from the MinuteMan 1K he ran this month and I'm sure I've seen others at my club's Charter Oak Rally over the years. Plan on working with Larry Friedman and others on Thursday's registration booth at MOA with other CRVBMW members.

Vern
North Haven CT
1995 Honda Magna
2005 FJR1300/abs

Back