• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

R1200rt plastic panel removal

B

bmw4life

I have 2006 R1200RT with radio option. I would like to remove the plastic panels .Anyone can help show me how to disconnect the electrical connector that connects to the radio control on the left panel. Would appreciate some help.

I have taken mine off a number of times and I think your better off just removing the entire black plastic piece from the side panel rather then trying to unplug the connections. I have done it both ways and as you are finding out those connections are difficult to get undone.

I have taken mine off a number of times and I think your better off just removing the entire black plastic piece from the side panel rather then trying to unplug the connections. I have done it both ways and as you are finding out those connections are difficult to get undone.

Would it be possible for you to take a picture and posting it showing exactly to what you are refering - may help out BMW4Life and others :thumb

I took all the plastic off my RT last Spring. I took the radio control panel and just laid it on top of the gas tank and did not disconnect any of the wiring. I can not figure out how to attach a picture but if you e-mail me I will forward a picture. fandbq@mchsi.com

I took all the plastic off my RT last Spring. I took the radio control panel and just laid it on top of the gas tank and did not disconnect any of the wiring. I can not figure out how to attach a picture but if you e-mail me I will forward a picture. fandbq@mchsi.com

Would it be possible for you to take a picture and posting it showing exactly to what you are refering - may help out BMW4Life and others

The controls for the radio are located on the black plastic piece fitted to the left side panel. There are two options when removing the panel, either disconnect the wires to the switches on that panel they are connected via plug in connectors that are difficult to undo without damage. Or just remove the 5 or 6 screws that holds the black plastic piece to the side panel.

Hope this pic helps.

100_0740-1.jpg

Thanks - what i was looking for is if you can remove the side panel and show the screws you remove to leave the panel connected but remove the panel,

Sort of have the side panel removed and identify the screws to remove.

This would be a good addition to Hex DIY section because there is no mention or addressing bikes with a full audio option.

Thanks

Luis

Back