• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

R1200RS Accessory

BILL WALLACE

I am interested in adding some protection for the front of the engine, since the front fender is very short causing debris to be kicked up against the front engine cover. Presently I am looking at Machine Art Moto's ADVANT GUARD which is attached over the front of the engine cover. Does anyone have knowledge on this particular accessory?

Also what is the feeling about the Mudsling for the rear wheel from the above company, anyone have any experience on this accessory? TIA

This thread is in the wrong place- should be in wetheads.

Anyway, I have both on my RS and am pleased with the results, especially the mudsling. A friend has a fender extender that works pretty well, too.

Frank

I will move to Wetheads soon:wave

The fender extenders from a few suppliers do a great job as well

Have mudslings on a few bikes as well, does a good job :thumb

Both the Advant Guard and Mudsling are popular accessories on the R1200RS and R1200R.
Both of us have the mudsling on our RSs, it looks OEM and does a good job of protecting the rear shock.

I was not crazy about the looks of the Advant Guard and decided to not add one at this time.
After 3 years the front of the engine still looks good.
If the engine front gets chipped up when the bike is older I can always add a Advant Guard to cover this area.

Some of the accessory companies found the RS front fender was too flexible for a fender extender and recalled their original designs.
The fender would flex enough to rub on the tire when a extender was added.

Pyrimid Plastics replaced their original design with one that provides extra support for the fender.
https://www.motomachines.com/pyrami...6QR0VBfyBoV4EEA7Sb58Yrj0VwoP6RvBoCWmYQAvD_BwE

pyramid-plastics-fender-extender-glue-fit-bmw-r1200rs-1.jpg

How do you find the Mudsling for keeping the entire rear area clean including the riders legs? Have you ever thought of installing the Puig Hugger for the rear wheel?

How do you find the Mudsling for keeping the entire rear area clean including the riders legs? Have you ever thought of installing the Puig Hugger for the rear wheel?

hey Bill, hope you made the move over here:wave

We have the Puig hugger on a few bikes as well...does the same basic thing the Mudsling does functionally, just mounted lower... costs more and more visible, which in carbon fiber looks nice.

The Mudsling just continues the arc of the fender well.

In moderate wet they both help about the same from my experience and watching H's bike ahead of me.

Back