• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

R100RS tire sizes

Conti Classic Attacks are radials for airheads and are transformative on these bikes. I'm running a 120/90R - 18 on the back and a 100/90R-19 on the front.

It has made my airhead feel actually connected to the road for the first time in more than 45 years of riding these things.

Still takes a tube, still needs a rim strip for spokes, but holy cow, it's night and day vs. bias ply tires. When my /2 finally wears out its Avons, I'll be looking to put them on that thing.

Did U have to modify Ur side or center stand ?

I sure wish there were a handy place (meaning easy for me to remember and find) to store these informative bits of information. In a couple of years (or less!) when it is time for me to replace the tires on my 77 R100RS I'd like to try the ones kbasa recommended above. But, heck, I won't remember what he was recommending. Maybe Google will be my friend and help me find this - usually I get off on some other tangent and then forget that information for which I was seeking. :)

P.S... I wrote the Conti Classic Attack tire and sizes on a post-it note and stuck it in my service log. Now I hope the post-it note will stay in place long enough...

I sure wish there were a handy place (meaning easy for me to remember and find) to store these informative bits of information. In a couple of years (or less!) when it is time for me to replace the tires on my 77 R100RS I'd like to try the ones kbasa recommended above. But, heck, I won't remember what he was recommending. Maybe Google will be my friend and help me find this - usually I get off on some other tangent and then forget that information for which I was seeking. :)

Over many many years and multiple forums/lists, when I find something that is interesting or potentially useful in the future, I copy-n-paste the post/info into a Word document and give the file a name that summarizes the document content. I keep all my BMW docs in one place on my computer. Works for me!

Looks like lots-o-folks must be reading this thread as the Conti Classic Attack 100/90R-19 seems to be out-of-stock at the places I've checked. I think that I'll just get the local dealer to order these for me - if it takes 6 months to get them, no big deal. Now I need to remember that I'll need to re-lube the wheel bearings on the 77 R100RS at the same time. And maybe swap out the final drive (where I had the worn splines welded and re-machined). Now if I can just find that spline cup to replace on the rear wheel. I think that I still have Oak's instructions for the fasteners to replace the rivets on the hub. (Maybe 1/4-inch-28 TPI x 1-inch stainless with stainless stop nuts [with corners rounded for a snug fit??] It has been about 25 years since I did this to the old R75/5 that I had.)

Back