• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

New member southwest Colorado

andyhelck

Hi fellow BMW riders,
My Suzuki Vstrom lost all compression this spring and I spent the summer driving my Miata with the top down. Came September and realized it was time to get back in the saddle while there was a month or two of riding left.

I got an '04 R1150RT from the dealer in Grand Junction. Bike seems to have been well cared for and had one owner. It's sort of a baby blue color maybe not the Biarritz that I see in photos.

I ride about 85 miles round trip to work each day over Dallas Divide pass so this will be my commuter bike. I pulled the Autocom gear but am keeping the heated seat. I will likely add an outlet and controller for my Gebring vest - maybe drill some holes in the left fairing panel knee area.

Thanks for all the great info on this site :)

Andy Helck
Ridgway, CO

Welcome to the forum! Hopefully your new ride came equipped with some outriggers for the upcoming winter! Post a picture when you get a chance.

Welcome! You live in a beautiful area of the country! I was in your neck of the woods for a few days this summer. Living where you live, I could wake up every Saturday and Sunday morning and head to Silverton for lunch. What a beautiful ride. Looking at the map, your daily commute is probably a nice little ride too.

You are a lucky fella.

Thanks for the friendly words. The bike is running great. I made a nice new mount for the gps last weekend and practiced slow riding all around my neighborhood. Aspens are starting to turn and my favorite road just got chip/sealed. Oh boy!

Back