• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

New Member from Galveston, TX

Marbaugh

Hello all,
New convert to BMW. I have 2014 R1200GS and can't wait till it warms up some more. Came from a Concours 14, KLR 650. New bike should perform both duties with ease. Have not taken her off road yet, as shopping for crash bars this week. Leaning to SW Motech. Really happy with on road performance. This thing is really peppy!

Welcome marbaugh, you a BOI Galvestonian?
Had long time ties to the island until two years ago when we sold our place. Yeah, that GS is fun...be careful in the loose stuff near San Luis Pass ! It gets heavy after the fourth drop :brow

And warm up?
watch out, some of the north of IH-30 folks get testy this time of year when the southern guys say it's bad:laugh:laugh:laugh

Welcome marbaugh, you a BOI Galvestonian?
Had long time ties to the island until two years ago when we sold our place. Yeah, that GS is fun...be careful in the loose stuff near San Luis Pass ! It gets heavy after the fourth drop :brow

And warm up?
watch out, some of the north of IH-30 folks get testy this time of year when the southern guys say it's bad:laugh:laugh:laugh

Henzilla,
Not BOI. IBC (Islander by choice). Thanks for the Welcome!

BOI vs. IBC always a good debate. I was the latter as well...now a LBC ,left by choice:wave

Post your bike pic over in Wetheads...with an Island shot of course!

I'm up a little ways near Baybrook Mall. I'm hoping to get an R100/7 back on the road this year and one of the first things I want to do is ride down to walk the strand and find something good to eat.

Back