• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

New member from Northern Virginia

ducfast904

Hello all.
New to the forum. I purchased a used 2009, R1200GS in 2016 that the previous owner had loaded with goodies.

2016 did a run through New England with friends and 2018 rode to the Grand Canyon with numerous stops in CO and UT. Needless to say the relationship has been consummated.

Same friends turned me onto MOA and after lurking a bit decided to join.

Have a long history of road racing and was an old MSF instructor back in my active duty Navy days. Now its the adventure thing and it sure is something!
(Even my wife enjoys it, so long as each night includes a hotel ☺️)

Hope to meet up in the future and volunteer where I can.
Craig

Welcome! I used to live in DC and Alexandria, VA and I wish I had a motorcycle then to ride to the Shenandoah Valley in the fall...

I just rode Skyline Drive and part of the Blue Ridge Parkway over the weekend. Can't wait to go back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the welcome. Agree with Skyline and BRP.
I like BRP better for the little faster speed and seems less travelled.
There are great sites and towns to visit along BRP as well.

Maybe we'll cross paths 😎

Welcome from another NOVA rider and ex-maritime Servicemember.

i just spent two days on track at Summit Point. one day on a K75, one on the K13. you used to race?

Yes, raced in Japan for a long time while stationed there. Such great tracks: Motegi, Suzuka, Sendai, Sugo and smaller ones like Tsukuba and Ebisu. Great memories. Did well enough to have a Japanese team help with the bills.
Tested the waters with the race scene here, places like Summit, VIR, NJMP, etc.
It was different. After some time with that I decided to "hang em up" and switched to adventure riding.
Although to be honest I wouldn't mind flogging the R12 around a track just for fun. So long as it wasn't a parade type trackday!

Last edited:
Yes, raced in Japan for a long time while stationed there. Such great tracks: Motegi, Suzuka, Sendai, Sugo and smaller ones like Tsukuba and Ebisu. Great memories. Did well enough to have a Japanese team help with the bills.
Tested the waters with the race scene here, places like Summit, VIR, NJMP, etc.
It was different. After some time with that I decided to "hang em up" and switched to adventure riding.
Although to be honest I wouldn't mind flogging the R12 around a track just for fun. So long as it wasn't a parade type trackday!

Cool!

I am a long time BMW car racer and competition instructor who just start running bikes on track too....i don't do parade laps.....:)

Now that's funny.
Obviously I'm a long time bike racer but last weekend for the first time I took a car to the track.
It was an intro at Dominion Raceway (parade laps behind the pace car) but still fun.
And it provided an opportunity to get the wife on the course.
Anyway if you know of upcoming events (bike or car) feel free to pm me. Love to meet up.
Craig

Back