• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

New member from Canada's Capital

grosbeak

Greetings from Ottawa, Ontario, Canada! Not new to bikes but I am new to BMWs in general and K bikes particularly - I bought this 1992 K75S earlier this year. In between warm days I've been busy with maintenance - this is unlike any bike I've worked on before and, armed with my Clymer manual and the internet I am enjoying the learning process!

Welcome aboard! K-bikes are terrific and there are some folks here that really, really know them well.

Bonjour Monsieur grosbeak, from down yonder in the Space Capital of the Universe!

The K75 has a long & enduring reputation for trustworthiness. Hope your particular model will take U as far as U need to travel. Did the tee-shirt come with the purchase? Nice Product placement too if U like to ride -2-eat for Tim Hortons doughnuts & drink strong coffee! ☕️ Safe travels this summer once you're ready to go exploring...

Happy Trails whenever U can - Ciao!
HSV-Phil & HSV-Karen

USAF-Ret'd — & — USN-Ret’d
'75 R90S ————— '82 R100CS
’09 KLX250S ——— ’88 R100RT
'14 K16GT ———— '16 R1200RS
’05 Vespa 200L -—- ’11 Vespa GTS 300

Welcome to the MOA, the Forum and K Bikes from London, Ontario. My K is currently at 284,000 still with lots of life left. My your Flying Brick give you years of fun! 👍

Bonjour Monsieur grosbeak, from down yonder in the Space Capital of the Universe!

The K75 has a long & enduring reputation for trustworthiness. Hope your particular model will take U as far as U need to travel. Did the tee-shirt come with the purchase? Nice Product placement too if U like to ride -2-eat for Tim Hortons doughnuts & drink strong coffee! ☕️ Safe travels this summer once you're ready to go exploring...

Happy Trails whenever U can - Ciao!
HSV-Phil & HSV-Karen

USAF-Ret'd — & — USN-Ret’d
'75 R90S ————— '82 R100CS
’09 KLX250S ——— ’88 R100RT
'14 K16GT ———— '16 R1200RS
’05 Vespa 200L -—- ’11 Vespa GTS 300
I found the shirt online and I couldn't resist! https://www.aliexpress.com/i/32992326450.html

As for Tim Hortons, the doughnuts are okay but in my opinion the coffee is pretty awful. I feel a little less Canadian for saying that. Um... sorry?

Welcome to the MOA, the Forum and K Bikes from London, Ontario. My K is currently at 284,000 still with lots of life left. My your Flying Brick give you years of fun! 👍
Whaadaya know... mini is only half as mature as yours at 142,000 km. Ever have a spline failure? According to some the photos of mine show they're in the later part of their life.

I got mine at 121,000 km in September of 2004, began riding it 2005. Since 2009 it has shared the garage and my riding time with a ‘98 boxer and therefore has not been accumulating kilometres at quite the rate it had previously.

On yesterday’s 400 km ride for a lunch meeting, it rode as smoothly as when I first got it. 👍

Back