• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

New Member for West Coast of Canada . . eh!

mschack

Just received what I call a true BMW bike, 2005 R1200ST, with only 28000 miles on it and in pristine shape. My previous bikes were a Honda 650 Nighthawk, 2010 BMW F650GF, 2011 F700GS and now the 2005 R1200ST. I was a long time member of BMWACA and BMWCAA, heavily into concourse and touring in my various BMWs. I hope to continue with the touring part on the R1200ST and have already gathered up various tools and farkles for the bike. Generally, here on the wet coast, I ride year round. Hope to meet you on the road! :ca

Last edited:
Welcome. Your excitement about the new ride is obvious.

How about a nice pic that we can admire?

Always glad to have more :ca members. I've met a bunch and they are, without exception, interesting and generous folks.

Do you have any rides in particular in mind for 2014?

I'll be in Colorado the last two weeks in June then in Larry's River, NS the first of September.

Hope to see you on the road.

Welcome. The ST is a very cool bike. I looked at them a bit for something to commute on and hit the twisties since it's a great blend. Let's see some pics!

Welcome. The ST is a very cool bike. I looked at them a bit for something to commute on and hit the twisties since it's a great blend. Let's see some pics!

Nice to be here and yes I will be hitting the road in the spring. Actually, in Vancouver, BC, I ride just about all year round. But I am planning a trip down Highway 101 to Napa, CA in the spring some time. Would love to be able to meet up with others who have the same idea. Even heard of something going on in the Mid-West, around Minnesota.

And since you asked for it...here are a couple of pictures. The tall windshield and top case is now in storage as I prefer the original windshield and the side bags on at all times. Helmet even fits in the side bags. It has 28,000miles on it and runs like a dream :)

Attachments

• 2013-Oct-25 Right Side full.jpg
    2013-Oct-25 Right Side full.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 29
  • 20131124_140536.jpg
    20131124_140536.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 29
  • 2013-Oct-27.jpg
    2013-Oct-27.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 29
Back