• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

New Admore SMT Lightbar with Smart Brake Technology

ichavis

The best keeps getting better! I've owned an Admore lighting product for every bike that I have owned including several Givi case LEDs and light bars. I've always considered them a "MUST HAVE" accessory to help keep me visible and safe from the hazards on the road (cars :))

Recently I purchased the new Admore SMT lightbar with smart brake technology for my 2014 BMW R1200RT. Having had two other Admore light bars, instantly i noticed the improved physical design upgrades that were made including its new solid metal casing. Installation was a breeze and the included instructions are very clear on wiring up your Admore SMT lightbar with smart brake technology. Since the light bar is meant to fit many types of bikes you will have to figure out where your power, brake , and directional wring hook into. It should be fairly obvious in the tail end of your bike. Also, lots of web resources how this is done.

Some photos of install…i installed on the lower rear fender, there are already two holes for some bmw accessory i think, light bar fits perfectly there, and ran the wire up under the rear seat where i connected to the required wires.

IMG_5790.jpg
IMG_5793.jpg
IMG_5789.jpg

This new new lightbar is also much brighter and visible than its successor product, and its got an amazing feature which will flash the light bars brake lights when you decelerate quickly. Motorcycle manufactures will put these deceleration sensors into bikes of the future but this is something you can have now.

The light bar will flash and strobe when you hit the brakes, show turn indicators, and it even works with 4 way flashers. Mounting options are very flexible. It has a cool LED light which if you mount the bar over your license plate it will light it up. The light bar is even configurable via windows or linux/mac and have its firmware upgraded to include new features in the future.

I am completely happy with my new Admore SMT lightbar with smart brake technology, knowing i will be seen a little more by other vehicles on the road is comforting. I'd recommend it highly for those looking for a light bar or to others who may be looking to upgrade their existing light bars.

I’ve done a youtube video showing the light installation and the different features on my R1200RT

https://youtu.be/u_j7xO6tEh0

Back