• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Nasty Loud, Light, and Fast True Dual Sport F850 GS

mikegrossheim

I tried to build the loudest, lightest, and highest horsepower true dual sport BMW GS not Adventure. Here is a YouTube link to the overall process.

2023 BMW F 850 GS not Adventure Trophy edition. The custom exhaust deleted 15 lbs. from the bike and added about 6 horsepower. The added on crash protection and the fog lights weighed 16 lbs. So, the bike stayed at stock weight with the added equipment.

Touratec crash bars
Krista Clearwater fog lights
Arrow headers and mid pipe
Akrapovic silencer
BMW headlight cover

Thank you,
Mike Grossheim
Motorrad Mike on YouTube

Attachments

• 20231026_133948.jpg
    20231026_133948.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 9
  • 20231026_134007.jpg
    20231026_134007.jpg
    995.4 KB · Views: 9
Sorry to burst your bubble, but you are certainly not the lightest and probably not the loudest. My 2022 G310GS weighs 398-lbs fully modified and ready to ride. It currently sports a DominatoR Hi Level Exhaust with their HP3 can. The DominatoR is a two-foot, pretty much straight, pipe that comes directly off the exhaust port on the back of the G310GS' engine into their HP3 exhaust which looks and sounds like the small nothing can it is. It's so loud, I cringe when I start it up and my F650GS and CRF450RL TAT companions dubbed me the noisy BMW and put me in front when we needed to clear cattle off the road. Fact it, it's too loud and I'm going back to my Scorpion system before my next trip. At that point, you may have the loudest GS, but you still won't have the lightest GS.

Lest you think my G310GS is a local play toy:

I'm up to 24,686 miles on it. This included a 2022 trip from NC to the BMW National Rally in Missouri to Cape Breton, Nova Scotia, via the NEBDR and back to NC; a 2023 trip from NC that included the MABDR, the PABDR-X, the Atlantic Spur of the Trans America Trail (TAT) from the Appalachia Mountains to Cape Hatteras, NC, and the BMW National Rally at Richmond, VA; and a second 2023 trip on the TAT from Hot Springs, NC, to Port Orford, OR, to La Crescent, MN, with the BHBDR-X added along the way and a fun curvy road route back to NC.

For 2024, I'm going to the Redmond, OR, BMW National Rally via the Continental Divide Trail and/or as many BDRs as I can fit in. After that, I may go further if there's a decent weather window for Alaska or I'll do more BDRs as I make my way back.

Keep trying. ;)
S/ JerryG

One pic at home and one pic in the wild: The wild pic is a few miles from Wyoming Mountain in the Wyoming Range in, you guessed it, Wyoming.
Powder Coated Guards & DominatoR Exhaust.jpg
G310GS in Wild Flower Valley.jpg