• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Name the forum/engine contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oval Head

looks like an Oval to me.

want to jazz it up, call it flat oval

but Ovel or Ovelhead is what I would call it.

Hans Muellers
hansomat

Name that Boxer

The new engine appears to have shim and bucket valve adjusters, so how about...

bucket head

New engine name

I think a good name for the new engine configuration would be the "ET Head" engine. If you look at the head and imagine it with a blanket around it.....it looks just like ET.

All of this talk and Ideas of heads and how it looks like E.T., ... Looks more like Jimmy Durante to me with that plug wire cover big and crooked. How about Inkadink head?

Jimmy+Durante.jpg

Or simply Durante? Sounds classy doesn't it?

name engine form

GLADIATOR is the name for the new engine. It stands of strenght and reliability. My name is Tom (130888 BMW MOA). I ride out Chicago. I have owned a R1200clc for the last five years. This has been the best motorcycle I have owned up to this time. The boxer motor is bullett proof. They are easy to work on and requires very little maintance. The engines run smooth and with the ABS braking system the bikes stop on a dime. I plan to keep this bike for a long time. I do like the R1200GS and the R1200 GSA's. I feel with the new motor they will be installing in these motorcycles they should be even better and last longer. The R1200GS is in my future plans. I am an older rider and do appreciate the many advances that BMW has past on to its riders over the years. They are the leader in the technology that many of the other bike builders are using today. To all riders, May every road be straight and the wind always be at your back.

Since it is an eXtension / eXpansion of the existing Hexhead engine technology then I say it should be called:

Hexxhead

or if it turns out to be problematic :)
HexdHead

I think it is different enough to need it's own moniker but I agree with Don that it is not enough to give it's own forum. I would wager that 95+% of the parts are the same as the 2008/2009 model.

How about ROCBOX

R-designation
OC- Overhead Cam
BOX-Boxer

Got a nice ring to it...:)

how about the

$$$heads

Ich verbringe zu viel auf Motorr?ñdern f??r meinen eigenen guten Kopf

or

Pillhead

since you will be popping some asprin after paying $$$s for a new head cover after putting the GS down in some gravel:D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back