• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

My POA Tour - The Ride Report

Really awesome. Thanks for taking us along. I gotta get off the east coast. I need the mountains. Gotta convince the wife that snow is just not that big a deal.

Stop it! Thats just more fun than one rider is allowed to have.... unless its me.

I've noted a few of those roads for (hopefully near) future trips. Great job on all the photos too. I always seem to get too wrapped up in the riding to stop and take pictures.

A hurculean effort, Doc. Thank you for sharing this with us. I think some of these pictures are definite candidates for an ON cover.

Screwtop

I am printing it to read on a business trip I am taking today. Looks VERY good. Thanks.

Excellent report!!!

Russ - it was great to put a face with a name, and now to see the roads you've ridden.

You took the roads through Wyoming that I was planning for my POA, but had to cancel due to work (I should have followed your lead....)

Outstanding work here.... thank you so much for taking the time to post.

Ian

Doc, thanks for the exceedingly thorough report and some damned fine photography.

I'm nominating you for the most epic report ever.

I'm speechless. What an amazing adventure, and an epic photojournal to do it justice. And it was certainly a pleasure to make your acquaintance in Vermont, Russ.

I gotta get out of New England more often....

Thank you everyone, I had such a great time. I got home and was ready to go the next day. Too bad I have to return to work to pay for the trip...

I had no mechanical failures, only the three bolts that fell off the crash-bars and I popped my oil filler neck out of the head while turning the cap and had to stop and clean the O-Rings up real good to close the bubbling ooze. That was the only time I added oil 3/4 quart for the whole trip.

Thanks to all the Volunteers that put this trip on the map or at least in my head... :kiss

Russ

Doc... was going to reply to this great post earlier but thought I'd wait until it was all placed. Coincidently I've been over Independence Pass the past week, and was in Victor yesterday!

If collecting memories versus miles is the thing (And you've done both!), your trip here will be fondly recalled for a long, long time. Outstanding images and tale.

It's Clean Now,,,

I finally washed it. Well, almost detailed it after that great article in the August ON (I was feeling guilty today). I haven't WD-40'd all the tar stains off her (from the 10-miles or so of new chipseal I covered during the trip), but she's sparkling clean and shiny again. Took me about an hour and half to get her 90% cleaned up from this trip. :D

Guess I better start riding again... :brow

Statdawg said:
There is a saying that goes like this " Never trust a rider on a clean GS". Enjoy the ride and let God wash it next time. :thumb

:ha :kbasa :buds

Trust me, it happens once or twice a year to find the loose/missing parts... :D

Back