• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

MRA X creen Experience???

kckrych

Anybody have anything to share about the MRA X creen windshield extender? I have a Vstream aftermarket windshield on my 2011 F650GS that puts the turbulent airflow right about forehead level for me at highway speeds (70 mph +/-???). I like the idea of an adjustable extender that can be folded down when not needed. I am wondering if anyone has any experience with it and how much it will move or remove the turbulence.

http://http://www.mra.de/en/x-creen

Been having one on my GS with a CeeBailey screen for about 2 years now and it works great. Not nearly as much buffeting and is highly adjustable. Iinstalled it with the clamps first to see if I liked it then mountined it permanently.

Ordered one and had my wife give it to me for Christmas. Installed it on my 1998 K1200RS with a Comfort windshield using the clamps. Plan to continue using the clamps so it can be moved to a difference bike.

Now that the snow has melted, I have used it for several short rides...under 100 miles. So far it has significantly improved both wind noise and buffeting.

In the low windshield position it helps. In the high position it greatly eliminates the problems of noise and buffeting. It is not as good as the huge windshield I had on my K1200LT, but I did not expect it to convert the RS to the LT (large truck) style.

Neither the standard or comfort windshield on this bike would stay in the up position. A minor bump or truck turbulence would cause it to go down. A couple small pieces of a foam swim tube work well to keep the windshield in the up position, even with the MRA X creen installed.

On an interstate with heavy truck traffic turbulence and cross winds, the MRA X causes the windshield to flex more than I prefer. I have not taken it past 85 mph, mostly rode at close to legal speeds.

Tomorrow is supposed to be a beautiful sunny day, so I plan to ride until my body protests...and then push it a little further. :wave

Back