• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

MotoScan use

gator

This may fall under the cheapest thing on a BMW. Is anyone on here using the MotoScan app in their maintanence routines?
Thanks Gator

I have used it a couple of times. Resetting the service reminder one time paid for it. I have an OBDLink MX adapter that I use for my cars as well as the bike so I am not counting the cost of that. It does what most home mechanics need, but is not as good as a GS-911.

I assume the Mx is a blue tooth variant. and you use an Android device. Are you using the Professional or the Ultimate version of Motoscan?
Thanks For you info.
Gator

I have the Professional version, yes to the MX being blue tooth and yes to using an Android device (the best kind...)

MotoScan

I have been interested these scanners for some time. Is there any threads around that may give a bit more info on how to interface with the R1200GS LC bikes.

Motoscan

Just purchased the Motoscan Professional App and the OBDlinkLX adapter and
it worked perfectly on my 17 R1200RT

I upgraded the firmware on the OBDLink LX by plugging it into my car and doing
the upgrade that way..

Mike

Is there any chance that they'll make this app for iphone? I have the GS911, and I HATE it. Switching to android isn't an option for me... but I hate GS911. I'd love another option.

Back