• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Motolight Installation?

I have a set of Motolights, but am in something of a quandry about where to splice the switching/trigger wire in the bundle that connects to the tail light. I have an R1100R, and was wondering if it's the blue wire with red tracing. At any rate, would welcome any suggestions along this line.

Many thanks for your responses!

I have a set of Motolights, but am in something of a quandry about where to splice the switching/trigger wire in the bundle that connects to the tail light. I have an R1100R, and was wondering if it's the blue wire with red tracing. At any rate, would welcome any suggestions along this line.

Many thanks for your responses!

Use a VOM and check for current when your lights are on.

Trigger power

I have a set of Motolights, but am in something of a quandry about where to splice the switching/trigger wire

I mounted an auxiliary switch beside the three other switches on my 95 RSL (ABS, Emergency warning and Heated Grips). I simply ran a wire from the heated grips switch through the additonal switch to the trigger terminal on the relay.

Done.......John

Aux power outlets; running lights; anything that has a constant 12 volt with key in the on position, and no juice with key off.

I ran it to the parking light inside the headlight bucket and soldered it in on the R1100,1150 and bro-in-laws new 1200R

Got it!

Ran the connection to the tail light. As an FYI, it's the gray wire with the black tracer. Had to remove the tail ligt assembly to make sure. Also, recommend using a good, old fashioned splice versus the plastic tap included in the kit. Else the Motolights seem to be a solid add-on. And...

Thanks for your replies. May the road rise to meet your tires and the wind be always at your back.

Back