• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Motels in Wythevile, VA ?

I always stay at the motel 6. AMA discount Walk to bob Evans or Cracker Barrel. I have never heard of that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've not stayed at the Travel Lite Motel, but the recent reviews on google are pretty favorable and the rooms were inexpensive. This place is "in town" and typically I stay closer to the Super and we also like to be able to walk to either Bob Evans or the Cracker Barrel. Note: "in-town" is not very far away from the Super; I'd consider the Travel Lite Motel at some future time.

http://tinyurl.com/j9gz322

I always stay at the motel 6. AMA discount Walk to bob Evans or Cracker Barrel. I have never heard of that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've stayed at that 6 a bunch of times, but recently (Nov) tried the Econolodge down below. They have breakfast and the room we stayed in (bottom floor) was recently refurbed. Just a little longer walk to Bob Evans and the Cracker.. Not staying at the 6 anymore.

Stay a few miles N at the Big Walker Motel in Bland. Clean, cheap, isolated with great views. Not a lot of good food selection though, a Subway, or the Kangaroo truck stop/dairy queen??, if a good meal is important stop before you get there. No worries about security.

Another place is Fox Mountain Motel a couple miles E of the I81/I77S split. Same, clean Cheap, run by an elderly couple, Good Home cooking restaurant Judy's family Diner and fast food 5 minutes away, or truck stops within walking distance.

Both about $50/night

If you are headed to the Smokey's I could give you some other recommendations in NC.

Stay a few miles N at the Big Walker Motel in Bland. Clean, cheap, isolated with great views. Not a lot of good food selection though, a Subway, or the Kangaroo truck stop/dairy queen??, if a good meal is important stop before you get there. No worries about security.

I was staying at the Big Walker until he raised the rates a few years ago. There is a place down past the Subway on the right at the intersection in town that has good food although it doesn't look like it from the outside. You go in and to the left around the corner and order at a little window. I've had the taco salad several times.

Back