• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Morning Reads: 30 May 2007

mika

Still Wondering
Today’s Birthdays / Calendar

Animation6TATTY-BIRTHDAY11111111111.gif

News:

Desmoblog will continue
blog.ducati.com

via theKneeslider and delewareonline.com
New autos put Dover wheels in motion
Bill requires drivers of three-wheelers to have motorcycle certification
By Patrick Jackson

motorcyclenews.com
2008 KTM 690 enduro breaks cover
By Chris Newbigging

ft.com
Dollar rises vs euro as rate cut hopes fade
By Neil Dennis

twincities.com
Heck on wheels
By Richard Chin

iht.com
Can coal be king of alternative fuels?
By Edmund L. Andrews

Green Bay
WFRV.com
Harlan believes in old-fashioned customer service
Posted by: Anne Stenski

strangemaps.wordpress.com
Europe: North/South-Divides

Techblog.com
Rocket – Powered Scooter
<embed src="http://vid.adbrite.com/video/abplayer.swf" flashVars="vid=129262" quality="best" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="468" height="400" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"></embed>

thecoolhunter.net
PORSCHE – “ You sweep the steps from the top down”

Take a look at Porsche as a business and what it did to survive.

dailymotos.co.uk
Gran Prix of Italy – Valentino Rossi has not been beaten on Italian soil since 2001

boingboing.net
Tweety Bird popsicle doesn’t look like Tweety Bird

Three stories from theKneeslider.com. (M.R. beat them on a couple)
Kawasaki sports touring concept
Honda Goldwing bulldog bobber.
Triumph Street Tripe

dealernews.com
West Coast sneak preview of Malcolm Smith exhibit planned

Blog Update:

Salcar
A Journey for Healthcare Access

MotoLiam
Ready for Mugello? I’m already in Italia!

Caf?® (Racer) Society
Your moment of zen bike-girl oddness:
Salty Rei Rose & her Locomotive Caf?® Racer Bike

abfigc63.jpg

Draw of the Mountains

Forty Years On Two Wheels:
Motorcycle Dealer Web Pages – Your fly is open

Helmet Hair

Meanderings On Two Wheels

Ride It Like You Stole It!

Sojourner’s Moto Tales

The Great Motorcycle Pizza Tour

The sum of all my synns

Two Wheel Soapbox

2 Stroke Buzz

Wonderings:

A caf?® version of a GL1200 haunted the streets of Minneapolis in the past. The bike sported a bikini fairing, clip-ons, rearsets, caf?® solo seat and a special matt black exhaust if memory serves. Beyond that I remember it as a pristine brandy wine colored bike. I have not seen it for a very long time but it stuck in my memory.

In one of Peter Egan’s Leanings he recounted the story of a trip to the Minneapolis/St. Paul area to pick up a MG project car with some friends. On the return trip a stop was made in the Honda dealer at Frontenac, MN. Frontenac, a historic community along the Mississippi, is a bit bigger than Lilydale and can be found on highway 61 just south of Red Wing MN. This is where one of the crew purchased, for $500.00, one of two Honda GLs both hidden under a Windjammer and other things they found on the showroom floor. The article went on to tell that when the accessories were removed and with bit of work a good touring roadster.

Some time after the article appeared I found myself in the same dealership negotiating on a full dressed old GL. I stopped in this dealership at various times during trips along the river. Traffic at the dealership seemed to be up. It may or may not have been the other bike mentioned in Egan’s article. I suspected that it may not have been but another one to keep the customers for this newly created niche market happy. The price being asked was a bit in excess of $900.00 and we never came to an agreement on the price and someone else purchased the bike.

My plan for the bike was to make my own version of a GL caf?® bike. The chance was gone but the idea lingers on. When I posted the recent article from caf?® (racer) society about a GL caf?® bike the idea was rekindled. Now there is this in from Europe.

via – moto.caradiasiac.com
Small ‘arrangements” around Honda GL 1500 Turbo made in Greece

Jimmy Design & Painting is a Greek company which specializes in personalized paintings, X-Treme modification or A?®rographies. But what this means the X-Treme term concerning the modification??? Quite simply that Jimmy has a model of predilection concerning his operation of tuning, it is about Honda GL 1500 Goldwing (generation 89 preferably). It their assistant of the parts quite as unexpected as that of Yamaha R1, Suzuki GSXR or MV Agusta as well as many personal achievements in order to produce monsters of race and power.
Translation with assistance by Google translato

157475382-M.jpg

157475362-M.jpg

In the beginning the motorcycle was a Honda GL 1500 Goldwing of 1989. The parts of the new motorcycle are:
Suit
1. Face of Aprilia Tuono
2. Fuel tank of Suzuki GSXR1000 K2
3. Sides of fuel tank of Yamaha FZR400 & Kawasaki KLE500
4. Back of Ducati Fila Racing.
5. Handmade saddle
6. Undertray Yamaha R1
7. Front wing Suzuki GSXR1100
8. Keel of Yamaha Fazer600
9. Front lights of 2 Χ BMW & 1 Χ Fiat Punto
157475370-M.jpg

I have some time this afternoon. If it doesn’t rain I may have to take a ride to Frontenac. I haven’t been to the Honda dealer there in some time.

157515724-M.jpg

Today’s RoadFood.com

Woot

Todays Woot

The Blog

Over Heard in New York | Voice of the City

All things BMW

topspeed.com
2007 BMW R1200R

A review.

economictimes.indiatimes.com
BMW to source components from India

fostoriaconcrete.com
Best dual sport?

World of BMW news

070529legend_01.jpg

Heroes Legend Paris-Dakar Open Day at Rainbow 2/6/07

450cc sports enduro gets its first podium
Last week the press beat BMW to its own story.

BMW Sauber F1: Website

BMWOracleRacing.com the America’s Cup website.

The 32nd America’s Cup Official Website

BMW Group Press Club:

Motorsports PressClub

BMW Sauber F1 Team - Monaco Grand Prix - Race, Sunday - 27.05.07

Weather: dry and sunny, 24-27??C Air, 33-35??C Track
Monte Carlo. In an exciting Monaco Grand Prix, the fifth round of the world championship, the BMW Sauber F1 Team scored points for the fifth consecutive time and strengthened its third place in the constructors' championship. Robert Kubica finished fifth and Nick Heidfeld sixth.

Robert Kubica: 5th
BMW Sauber F1.07-07/BMW P86/7
Fastest Lap: 1.16.006 min on lap 39 (3rd fastest overall)
"Unfortunately I don't think our one stop strategy was the right one for this year's Monaco. We expected Safety Car periods and these did not happen. Looking back now, I think we could have finished better, but I am happy to have scored some important points again. I had a small problem with the brakes soon after the start of the race and had to pump them all the time which did not make me feel confident. Then I was stuck in traffic and at the end I had a sensor problem which meant I was without traction control for quite a long time."

Nick Heidfeld: 6th
BMW Sauber F1.07-05/BMW P86/7
Fastest Lap: 1.17.041 min on lap 30 (12th fastest overall)
"Because of my one stop strategy the most important thing for me to do was overtake Mark Webber at the start, and this worked out. I was also able to get passed Nico Rosberg, although our cars touched in the first corner but luckily mine wasn't damaged. In the early laps of my first stint I had some problems with the soft tyres, but later they became better and better. On my second stint I lost quite a few seconds when I had to let the two McLarens by. It was enough to let Robert get just in front of me after his pit stop. But altogether I am quite happy with the result."

Mario Theissen (BMW Motorsport Director):
"McLaren Mercedes has achieved an impressive one-two here - congratulations to the team. Monaco was again an exciting race, although there wasn't much overtaking. The choice of strategy was crucial here - one or two stops was the question. Some had clear laps for most of the race while others got stuck in traffic and lost time. We are pleased we were reliable again, bringing both cars home and scoring seven important points."

Willy Rampf (Technical Director):
"We can be pleased with this result as we have seven championship points after a race which was thrilling for us. Nick had quite a heavy fuel load, and in the early stages of the race he lost too much time with the softer of the two tyre compounds. Only after the tyres had come back was he able to achieve the lap times we had expected. Robert started the race with even more fuel on board, but as early in the race he got stuck in traffic he couldn't exploit the car's potential. When he had a clear track his lap times dropped immediately."

Gem??tlichkeit is the warm, comfortable feeling
one receives from pleasant surroundings and atmosphere.
I think you will find that when you come here.

dean2.jpg

Ozaukee – Washington Daily News

Fond Du Lac Reporter

The Sheboygan Press

Daily Citizen, Beaver Dam

Weather

West Bend WI
Current

10 Day Forcast

United States
National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration

Canada
Meteorological Service of Canada

Travel Information – Driving Conditions and other related information sites.

Bike Candy:

157108368-L.jpg

THE END

Back