• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Morning Reads: 26 April 2006

mika

Still Wondering
Today’s Birthdays / Calendar

cake.gif

News:

My intention was not to have an H-D article in today’s news. They are big and just due to the size they generate a bunch of press. This one from Cyril Huze Blogg ties into some patent infringement things I have been reading. So the best laid plans and all of that…Sorry.

I haven’t even mailed in my 2007 Mileage Contest form and I find this. MotorCycleNews.com – KTM is starting to reveal its 2008 models.

ABS for the Triumph Tiger. visordown.com

This is a Wisconsin piece, not a H-D thing. Topix.net

Rumors:

Rumors of new European luxury yachts from BMW and Triumph have been flying around for some time. The latest sketches to make the rounds.

BMW K1850GLT – An inline six that has graced the cover of Motorrad.
146821558-M.jpg

Triumph rumors run along the merging of the Trophy touring line and the Rocket.
146821548-M.jpg

I know you are all aware of these rumors but it takes a while for them to float up the Mississippi to Lilydale.

firtsynn.blogspot.com Motorcycle frame primer

Feature:

The internet is a fascinating place to navigate. I found this on a French motorcycle news site that I check in on and followed the link to Spykster.com located in New South Wales Australia.

In 2000 Exertec was formed to explore, design and build a new steering system for non leaning vehicles. This is the result.

The Extertec “SPYKSTER

SD38.jpg

Image Gallery

Steering is done by a dual joystick system. Power from a Yamaha R! is delivered by chain drive to a rear wheel mounted in a traditional swingarm. With a weight to power ratio of under 6lb per each bhp the performance is impressive for a three wheeler. Check out the video test ride.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eQxG-LPdFO4"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eQxG-LPdFO4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Blog Update:

Nate Kern: Post 1, Post 2

A Boy and His Bike – My obsession

BluepoofBikes – San Simeon, day 3

HelmetHair – Brad Pitt has a new chopper.

Intrepid Commuter – Musings

The Great Motorcycle Pizza Tour – Random Moto-Thoughts

Motorcycle Repair and Care:

Largiader.com – Fairing repair

ibmwr.org – Fairing repair

SportRider.com – Fixing your fractured fairings.

CBRworld.net – Plastic fairing repair thread with many pictures.

Books on the topic:
The Fiberglass Manual
How to Repair Plastic Bodywork

Riding Skills:

RoadRacingWorld.com – Street Squids, Explained…sorta.

Wonderings:

logo_wheels24.gif

Wheels24.co.za is a South African website with an interesting series. It is fielding readers questions, aggregating them, giving them to a brands representatives and posting the responses. It seems to be doing this in an alphabetical progression and now it is BMW’s turn.

“Following from Alfa Romeo, Aston Martin and Audi, we've hit the Bs with BMW being next to answer your questions.

Devoted BMW fans are passionate about the Munich-based manufacturer's promise to deliver "sheer driving pleasure" and all enthusiasts now have the chance to ask BMW their burning questions.

As before, please submit all your pertinent questions related to aspects of the BMW's business to us, and we'll collate your questions for response.”

Would it be possible to develop some sort of on going relationship with BMW NA? BMW MOA would compile questions for response from BMW.

Perhaps the question that needs to be asked before is it possible would be would it be of interest to the members? If the idea is of interest, why is it?

Obviously I am using this piece as a diversion and am procrastinating from starting a project on my desk. Yet there is something about the idea that is interesting.

Just Wondering.

M.R. Traveler

Citybiker.wordpress.com – 30 Minute Rides: Saw Mill River Parkway

Today’s RoadFood.com

Woot

Todays Woot

The Blog

Over Heard in New York | Voice of the City

All things BMW

TopSpeed.com – BMW ORACLE Racing leads the fleet.

World of BMW news

Team BMW Ventura takes podium in first race ever

070425-wob2.jpg

BMW Sauber F1: Website

BMWORACLEracing.com the America’s Cup website.
RR1D10A-0037_2.jpg

BMW Group Press Club:

Tracking the news from BMW at their English language sites and Germany

PressClub USA

Munich's Lord Mayor drives hydrogen power from now

Lord Mayor Christian Ude received a BMW Hydrogen 7 today

Munich. Munich makes mobile. And the Lord Mayor drives out front setting the example. Today Christian Ude received a BMW Hydrogen 7 in the magnificent courtyard of the Bavarian capital's town hall. The head of Science and Transport Politics of the BMW Group, Christoph Huss, handed over the keys to the Lord Mayor.

"I am delighted that I can now demonstrate the successful advances being made in environmentally-friendly automobile technologies in Munich on every official visit - and that this is not just a distinctive Japanese feature as had been claimed previously. BMW hydrogen technology can make a valuable contribution towards ensuring the future of mobility and lasting climate protection, Christian Ude stated this afternoon.

Christoph Huss said: "We want turn lasting mobility into reality. Hydrogen is the alternative fuel with the greatest potential. Environmental and climate protection concerns us all and needs the support of strong partners and credible role models. We are very glad that we can count on the support of Lord Mayor Christian Ude as an important partner."

A small series of 100 models of the first premium-class sedans in the world has initially been produced with a bivalent-drive hydrogen engine. They will be presented to selected representatives from politics, economy and society for use in daily road traffic. In the BMW Hydrogen 7, the car manufacturer combines hydrogen technology with dynamic handling, performance and premium comfort features typical of BMW.

BMW MOA Chartered Club:

club:
West Penn BMW, #60

founded: 3/1/1976

Alan Budny (r80gsal@hotmail.com)
PO Box 14
Harmony, PA 16037 US

events:
Halloween Campout, Helvetia, WV End of October

Gem??tlichkeit is the warm, comfortable feeling
one receives from pleasant surroundings and atmosphere.
I think you will find that when you come here.

Kenosha Area

On Lake Michigan's shore just north of the Illinois border, Kenosha's crown jewel is its new lakefront development, HarborPark. The breathtaking parkland along the waterfront blends beautifully with the adjacent historic downtown featuring quaint shops, galleries, an outdoor market, and eateries, all linked together by a vintage electric streetcar system. The lakefront museum campus features the Kenosha Public Museum, Dinosaur Discovery Museum, Kenosha History Center, and coming in 2008, the Civil War Museum. Enjoy charter fishing excursions on Lake Michigan, nature at its finest at Bong State Recreation Area, or challenging links at several picturesque golf courses. Family friendly activities include outlet shopping, candy company tours, festivals & fairs, two lighthouses, four historic districts, and much more.

Ozaukee – Washington Daily News

Fond Du Lac Reporter

The Sheboygan Press

Daily Citizen, Beaver Dam

Weather

West Bend WI
Current

10 Day Forcast

United States
National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration

Canada
Meteorological Service of Canada

Travel Information – Driving Conditions and other related information sites.

Bike Candy:

bikepics-464413-800.jpg

Zongshen ZS 200 Picture from: bikepics.com

THE END

Last edited:
Badgers leaving Wisconsin

From the
Bluepoofbikes blog:

Mika,

These Badgers were spotted in California. Were the badgers banished or just trying to find a more agreeable clime?

Badgers.jpg

SHHH! Rebel scouts delivering mustard from Mt. Horeb to forward forces. They will report back to the Parade Leader so she may plan what to do with this strange land when the revolution is complete.

I won't tell a soul. Are Bennie and Agnes involved in OPS or is this a need to know proposition?

Attachments

• Bennie&Agnes.jpg
    Bennie&Agnes.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 64
I have not seen B&A for some time. I was talking with a Mendota Heights L.E.O. (Lilydale contracts police services from them) during a false fire alarm in our condos. What he reports is that the flocks are on the move again.

ÔÇÿSleepy HollowÔÇÖ is two miles from me. Many of the turkeys spent the winter there. There are several people with corn feeders they stock all winter. There were reports of 50 or more in some yards at one time. The report from LEO is the flocks are splitting up and heading out in different directions through the wildlife refuge and the area in general.

My birding pleasure has been watching the return migration up the Mississippi flyway. There have been many eagles and hawks moving north. This seems to cause some concern for our nesting pair of Bald Eagles at times. They seem a bit territorial in the evening and morning when the transients try and settle down for a layover. This has resulted in some aerial combat to protect nesting and fishing rights.

The rites of spring are in process for all the birds. The Bald Eagles have been doing courtship flights. It is incredible to see them start at tree top level chasing each other then soaring skyward on a thermal to the point they are almost specs. Then one will do a roll and they will come together and suddenly plummet until they break off and return to flight.

I am seeing more and more song birds with nesting material in their beaks. Young ones will follow in due time.

The various varmints are running around. We have many rabbits, woodchucks and raccoons. All are wary of a coyote that has been frequenting the area.

Bmw K1850glt

The motor looks remarkably like the CBX I owned back in the day. I earned the moniker of "Crazy Tom" with that bike...

Attachments

• 146821558-M.jpg
    146821558-M.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 53
I does. Several of the places that I have seen this sketch comment that the inline six did not last with Honda why would BMW do it.

Back