• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Morning Reads: 25 December 2006 ÔÇô Christmas Day

mika

Still Wondering
The motorcycling world viewed from the saddle of BMW. A daily look at all things BMW, Euro-bike, products and things I find interesting on the internet. With links to news, reviews, events, riding skills, maintenance and racing series updates. Morning Reads is a one stop for motorcycling information.

TodayÔÇÖs Birthdays / Calendar

Santa2.jpg

BMW MOA Chartered Club:

This is a motorcycling Christmas present for you.
For the uninitiated among us, this site has the one of the best, if not the best tech sections bar none.

Internet BMW Riders, #244

Founded:
founded: 3/1/1994

Art Campbell (art.campbell@gmail.com)
PO Box 167
Nutting Lake, MA 01865 Virtual
www.ibmwr.org

Meetings:
24/7 on the Internet

Events:
IBMWR Chuck Roast & Flame Fest on the Net
Synthetic vs. Natural Oil and Gun Control Debate Series

Gem??tlichkeit is the warm, comfortable feeling
one receives from pleasant surroundings and atmosphere.
I think you will find that when you come here.

logo.gif

A very Merry Christmas to the Morning Readers from all in West Bend and Washington County Wisconsin.

Ozaukee ÔÇô Washington Daily News

Fond Du Lac Reporter

The Sheboygan Press

Daily Citizen, Beaver Dam

Weather

West Bend WI
Current

10 Day Forcast

United States
National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration

Canada
Meteorological Service of Canada

118118874-M.jpg

News:

Kids, play quietly. Here is a link where you can start searching all sorts of things.

[urk=http://feeds.feedburner.com/salcar/blog]Salcar[/url]: Our friend posts news of his adventures and what his found about health care in his travels.

The Pit Crew View: Racing News:

AMA

IMOTT

MotoGP

WSB

F-1

Dakar 2007

cheche.jpg

The official Dakar 2007 website.

Versus: Now that you too are hooked on the event here is the TV schedule for your 2007 Dakar viewing pleasure.

Dakar Rally News via topix.net

Mobileindustry.biz: EA launches Dakar 2007 for mobiles.

NORTH AMERICAN ENTRANTS:

Here are the entrants from NA and their websites when available. This undoubtedly is an incomplete list and I will continue to refine it up to race time.

MOTORCYCLE

Chris Blais: Red Bull / KTM

Paul Broome: Honda

Terry Curtis - Team Rally Raid Mexico / Yamaha

James Embro: Team SSC / JJE Constructors

Timothy Hall: Heatland Dakar 2007 / KTM

Sunny Irvine - Team Rally Raid Mexico / Yamaha

Christopher Jones: KTM

Mike Kary: Team RallySoCal / Husqvarna

Steve Laroza: Team JJE Construcors / KTM

Casey McCoy: Rally Pan America / KTM

Brian Schumckle: Team RallySoCal / Husqvarna

Elmer Symons: Team SSC/JJE Constructors / KTM

Jonah Street: Pai-Rally Pan America / KTM

CARS

Ron Bailey Motorsports

Team Gordon

Volkswagen Motosport: Drivers Mark Miller / Ralf Pitchford

Team SMG: Divers ÔÇô Michael Peterson / Matthew Stevensen

TRUCKS

Thomas Geviss / Paul Mitchell: Team Gordon

Darren Skilton / Jose Grijalva / Hecotr Camachof

Here is another chance for you to do the digging: Google Directory: Dakar 2007, approximately 598 sites to mine. Have fun.

Dakar Motorcycle Entrants as of 5 OCT 2007 This appears to be a complete list of the motorcycle entrants.

117530488-M.jpg

PAGE 2: A Link to Events and Racing Calendars
Last update: December 17, 2006

Unless noted otherwise, I have no known commercial interest in any products, retailers or manufactures discussed in the Morning Reads. The links used in the Morning Reads are for informational use only. The use of all links is subject to the terms of use of the originating site.

Some more things bumped into on the internet while singing lullabies, racking the cradle or changing diapers.

wisinfo.com: Christmas card list getting shorter.

TheTwistedWristPodcast.com: A present from Canada arrived in the favorites box tody.

Shortly after delivering the present from Canada Santa ran into a little trouble with the law. Oh say it ainÔÇÖt so Santa. egmcartech.com

cbc.ca: Video of Charley Boorman interview.

toruchstone.movies.og.com: Wild Hogs. Motorcycle based payday movie for the actors.

Ghost Rider Trailer

abc.net.au: Andy Coldecott tribute.

Follow up on a MotorcycleDaily.com post regarding Cagiva Mito 500 ÔÇô readers comments. Then Part 2 came out

webBikeWorld.com: 2007 Dakarupdates on KTM and wBWs coverage.

MNPublicRadio.org: Future Tense ÔÇô When search engines return dangerous results.

MNPublicRadio.org: Future Tense ÔÇô Making better passwords

thespectrum.com: Homecoming

webBikeWorld.com: Review ÔÇô Battery heated gloves.

xmas2.jpg

Put another log on the Yule log fire at CW11-WPIX Television New York

Now play quietly. The youngest member of the pit crew and I are sleeping.

118118885-M.jpg

Okay, it is not really a picture of me and my youngest pit crew member. She did spend the night here in Lilydale and I did just change her diaper before I posted this. She is 7 months old and has the best smile to wake up to, even if she was a little stinky. I have her until noon and then she is off to melt other hearts for Christmas.

Thank you to all who posted messages and sent PMs about yesterdays post.

Merry Christmas to all!

Merry Chirstmas

Merry Christmas

I hope Santa filled your stocking with thousands and thousands of care free miles for 2007

What I learned from MIKA today!

My favorite price can be dangerous

When FREE can be dangerous.

Good information here about being careful with search engine results. Be suspicious of anything free on GOOGLE.

Back