• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Morning Reads: 20 October 2006

mika

Still Wondering
BMW_K1200R_twilightcccc.JPG

BMW Group Press Club:
No reports from the Mother-ship. However; in the presses rumors about the F-1 team abound.

MWSauber confirm Robert Kubica for 2007

World of BMW news

World of BMW news tells us about Christian Pfeiffer and his search for extreme territories to conquer.

Then they tell us that the Dolomiten Rallye is the type of event that BMW Motorrad's HP2 Enduro was made for.

BMW Chartered Club:

club: Central Florida Beeline Beemers, #254 founded: 11/1/1995
PO Box 560091
Orlando, FL 32856 US
meetings: 1st Saturday of the month @ coffee House of Thornton Park, 712 E. Washington, Orlando, FL, 8 a.m.
events: April Fools Rally, Clermont, FL, April 2-4, 2004

News from the 2007 Rally area:

Ozaukee ÔÇô Washington Daily News

Fond Du Lac Reporter

The Sheboygen Press

Daily Citizen, Beaver Dam

175496.1.lg.jpg

shepherd-express.com and the history guy look at some strange markings on Water Street.

50-Dollar-Bill.jpg

WTMJ.com clears up the question about counterfeit and the MOA. It was really 4 guys from Milwaukee and not any of the BoD.

News:

6343_191006115229.jpg

gizmag.com takes another look at urban mobility. I just wonder where I get to ride if the officer pictured here has to take me in.

Perspectives: The next information revolution
In this piece c|net.com News tells us about the next revolution. It seems that the changes we have been going through over the last 18 months in the MOA are very reflective of the next information revolution. MOA and the BoD are such trend setters.

Alex Edge writing for Motorcycle Daily brings us up to speed on QoanjiangÔÇÖs plans for Benelli since its acquisition of the brand last year.

Feature:

_65303_brazil_circuit.gif

F-1 Brazilian GP overview

BBC Sport asks: Who is the real Schumacher?

BMW Team Sauber is talking tires in its posting.

Renault to play it safe this weekend

Masa (SchumacherÔÇÖs Ferrari teammate) willing to give up home win to help Schumacher, as reported by the International Herald Tribune.

049f1a.jpg

Formula 1.com does a bit of wondering about the Brazilian GP and Cosworth.

nick_03.jpg

Learn a little bit about suspensions,Tufosi style and then in the French style.

Rubens Barrichello talks Sport Network through a lap at Interlogos.

Gear:

microscope%20cell%20phone%20strap.jpg

Gizmodo.com is reporting on this little microscope that you can strap to a cell phone or other gadget that you eyes are not up to seeing.

I am not old I am just visually challenged.

headerlogo.gif

I linked to this product in a previous post. Here is an update from the Royal Enfield Store.

October 18, 2006

Sorry to disturb you folks, but we want you to be aware
of a change in the October Specials. Our manufacturer
of the Stortech Storage Plug Kit just stopped producing
the product due to a supply line issue. We're disappointed
as are a number of you we've talked to. It was a good
product. This means that we can't offer it anymore,
neither by itself nor in our Winterizing Kit (which ironically
we're offering as an October Special - hence this note).

The Winterizing Kit (Z91065) now has 3 items then,
(Sta-Bil Fuel Stabilizer, Fogging Oil and the Battery Tender, Jr)
and a revised price to reflect that. The full value of the kit
is $43.49. We will offer it to you regularly for $39.14,
but for the month of October we will offer it to you
for 20% off, that's $35.22!

Thanks for your time as always!

Have a gREat day!
Dorothy
(Humble Scribe)
Classic Motorworks

Video:

Motorcycle-USA takes a look at the 2006 Bonneville Streamliner Battle.

Schumi makes a TV commercial for FIAT.

Look what happened when the Dublin Club found out the pub had run out of Guinness! (just kiddingit could never happen.)

Chris Peiffer is not part of this stunt video.

Wonderings:

It is easy to forget ones roots these days. You could argue that todayÔÇÖs thread and the F- 1 feature is an example of this. I wonder if BMW will ever remember its roots in motorcycling like Suzuki does in these car advertisements.

Suzuki-XL7-Ad.jpg

Suzuki-SX4-Ad.jpg

Bike Candy:

From one extreme

Benelli4.jpg

to the other.

Benelli%20250.jpg

I am a sucker for an engine shot.

Unless noted otherwise, I have no known commercial interest in any products discussed in the Morning Reads[/size=]

The Pit Crew View: Racing News

1479.jpg

1480.jpg

1631.jpg

Supermoto World Championship: Fight for the Second Place

Last Sunday, on the Latina Supermotard track (Italy) Bernd Hiemer got the S1 World Title at one race to the end of the season. Now, the fight is for the second step of the podium and both Gerald Delepine, who gave the Title and crown to the new S1 leader, and Ivan Lazzarini, fresh italian Champion, know it.

Delepine closed the Latina race on third position and got closer to his teammate Lazzarini who has currently only 2 points advantage from the Belgian rider. Gerlad was third thanks to a second and third place conquered in the two heats respectively, while Ivan was fith.

In the S2 class, Van Den Bosch is the unstoppable leader of the classification, but yet another rider is fighting for a place on the final podium: is the young French rider Adrien Chareyre. Adrien got the third place at the end of the italian GP and is now right on the third position in the provisional classification behing VDB and Giraudo.

The other Husqvarna S2 class rider Gozzini recorded a 6th place in race 1, while in race 2 was 12ve. Everything will be decided at the last Supermoto World Championship GP which will be held in Athens on November 5th.

1632.jpg

Herfoss Gets Neshville Podium
AMA Supermoto rider Troy Herfoss is back on the track in beautiful shape. The young Australian rider supported by GP Motorcycles Husqvarna Team, proved to be the new star of the category by conquering the third place in race 1 at the Nashville GP.
Good performance for his teammate David Baffeleuf, third in the Unlimited class and second in the provisional championship with only 4 points gap from Carlson, actual leader.
(As printed in the husky news letter ÔÇô see ON isnÔÇÖt the only one to publish spelling errors. Bolding is mine. I am so proud that I caught a sepelink error.)

31995_news.jpg

CASEY STONER JOINS THE DUCATI MOTGP TEAM

The Ducati MotoGP Team have reached an agreement with Casey Stoner to take part in the 2007 MotoGP World Championship, with an option for the following year.

The start of a new era for MotoGP, which will see 800 cc bikes taking the place of the 990 cc powered machines, also marks the start of a fresh chapter in Ducati.

Following the first positive tests carried out with the Desmosedici GP7, the Borgo Panigale-based team are looking to the future with confidence and have decided to offer an opportunity to the talented young Australian.

With the benefit of Loris Capirossi's enormous experience and the support of the entire team, Casey can now get to grips with the new technical package that will be made available to him and fully demonstrate the great talent that he has already expressed this year on his debut in the top category.

Casey Stoner
"I am really happy to have been given this opportunity to race with the Ducati MotoGP Team next year. Ducati have made a lot of progress in the last couple of years and I think they can also do a great job with the new 800. It's a great privilege for me to be Loris Capirossi's team-mate. I watched him race before I started my career and now it's a real honour to be in the same team as him on the same bike.

Finally I'd like to thank Lucio Cecchinello. We have worked well together over the years but I feel that the possibility of racing in a factory team is the best thing for my future".

Claudio Domenicali (Ducati Corse Managing Director and Ducati Director of Product Development)
"It's always nice to welcome someone to our large family but it is just as difficult to say goodbye to someone who leaves. We are at the end of a season that has given us great satisfaction but which on the other hand has proved to have been particularly difficult for Sete. Despite his devotion and his undoubted talent, a number of factors have prevented him from obtaining the results to live up to everyone's expectations. Our heartfelt thanks go out to him for his commitment and professionalism and we wish him all the best for his future.

I am delighted to welcome Casey to Ducati. He is a very promising rider, with talent and determination in abundance. We are sure that with the help of our and Loris's experience, he will get to know our bike and his experience will mature in line with the development of the GP7. With his enthusiasm and aggressive riding style, Casey is sure to give our fans some extraordinary emotions, in the best spirit of Ducati".

Once again, Thanks for producing a website within a website with a whole days worth of neat stuff

Back