• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Morning Reads: 15 August 2008 Friday

mika

Still Wondering
birthday-card-11019.jpg

Happy Birthday

237640077_YDCJZ-XL.jpg

nytimes.com: Germany ÔÇô Tire maker rejects suitorÔÇÖs bid

autobloggreen.com: Craig Vetter back at designing low consumption two wheeled vehicles

The dateline on the following piece is July 1. In the current fast moving world of oil that was a millennium ago. Even so it is interesting to see the issue from the dealers perspective.
dealernews.com: How will gas prices affect us?

Dealers in SA are scratching their heads over the July sales numbers. motoring.co.za has an article titled ÔÇô SA bike sales out of synch with fuel bills.

topgear.com has a bit of a jaundiced take on the Can-am Spyder, but then it was a yellow one they tested.

239852403_it7Ej-XL.jpg

motorcycledaily.com: Brno showdown

fim.ch: FIM SuperMoto World Championship Entrants for Grand Prix of Austria. Husqvarnas are listed in several classes.

fim.ch: German Grand Prix ÔÇô Fuel controls. Changes to the 125cc results

formula1.com: Interview with Force IndiaÔÇÖs Giancarlo Fisichella

motorauthority.com: Carroll ShelbyÔÇÖs first race car [a MG TC] to hit the auction block

240144937_vVE6n-XL.jpg

nextautos.com: BMW concepts circa 2015

autopsies.com: Volkswagen resurrects plans for mid-engine coupe and roadster to show case its design talents

freep.com: Chrysler sells assets to raise cash

Aerodynamics has been the lead with any article about the GM Volt today. The claim of more range for the electric car is the reason. motorauthority.com: New GM Volt teasers reveal more aerodynamic car

238372565_jdMvj-XL.jpg

Statement on voluntary recall involving front passenger seat sensor mat on U.S.A. model BMWs
08/13/2008

Today, BMW announced a voluntary recall regarding the front passenger air bag seat sensor mat involving approximately 200,000 Model Year 2004-06 vehicles. Affected are certain Model Year 2006 3-Series, Model Year 2004-06 5-Series, and Model Year 2004-06 X3 vehicles, depending upon seat type. BMW has found that the sensor mat may become damaged during vehicle usage depending upon the manner and frequency of the front passenger's entry and exit.
BMW will begin sending customer letters in late September 2008. Affected owners may continue to drive their vehicles; however, customers should contact their BMW Center if the air bag warning lamp, and the passenger air bag ÔÇ£on-offÔÇØ lamp are illuminated simultaneously. In this situation, BMW recommends customers not to use the front passenger seat and have the vehicle serviced immediately. At the present time, we are unaware of any accidents or injuries as a result of this issue.

Product and Technology Communications Manager
201-307-3783 / thomas.plucinsky@bmwna.com

Thomas Salkowsky
Manager, BMW Corporate Communications
201-307-4114 / thomas.salkowsky@bmwna.com

worldofbmw.com: Road trip for Spanish star

237925770_HoJge-XL.jpg

Stuff

business.timesonline.co.uk: Western oil demand set for biggest fall in 25 years

This is where product reviews and information goes. I know some of you are private pilots. At the risk of starting a variant on the ÔÇÿwhy would you trailer your bikeÔÇÖ thread, this one is for you. ÔÇô From thekneeslider.com: MotoPOD ÔÇô Motorcycle carrier for airplanes

The annals of sports psychology ÔÇôSpiegel.de: Winners wear red (except in Green Bay of course.)

timesonline.co.uk: Is renting the new buying?

I found the above article first the when I was putting together the CageWorld section I cam across this subject related piece from AutoWeek.com
REVS: Speed dating ÔÇô Tasting an exotic car without buying

182526939_JkRJz-Ti.jpg

Packers Blog ÔÇô jsonline.com
Packers.com ÔÇô News from the football shrine
Green Bay Post Gazette: Packer News, Commentary

Wonderings

During the brain storming session during the rally Vince announced that ON is looking to expand its racing coverage in the up coming year. With the expansion into various forms of racing by BWM Motorrad it makes all sorts of sense to do this. I am very excited about this and think there are all sorts of positives in this. The only downside I see is on the forum.

My concern is not for hot debates about the machinery, rules or riders but the grid/umbrella girls. Are we mature enough to deal with the photos that will be posted in the name of race coverage by some? Heck, are we mature enough to deal with BMW PressClub photos of grid/umbrella girls protecting Ruben Xaus and who whoever ends up being his teammate on the WSBK grids of the world? You know that no matter what level of judgment posters use there will be a picture showing some obscure bike detail perfectly that also includes a grid/umbrella girl and it will be posted.

I have been doing some research in preparation for next year; no, not about grid/umbrella girls, but about the race rules bikes and tracks. We are in for some serious fun. I am just wondering how much of that fun will be lost on the forum to grid/umbrella girl debates.

ItÔÇÖs about the bike.

Bike Candy

347363852_cHhEx-O.jpg

THE END

Back