• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

MOA Rally: mid-summer or fall? Take a Poll

Any time the mountain pass roads are free of snow. For me this year it was mid-June onward until ?? when the snow arrives again. My reasoning is I definitely want to ride the whole way because the journey is at least as important as the destination for me.

I would prefer mid September. I do also remember going out to Goodwill while at the West Bend rally to get a sweater, cause I only had hot weather gear. (Didn't want to pay a lot for something I had already at home)
At least in Gillette I had the right clothing.
Remember, you can always put more on, but you can't take much off without getting arrested!

For years I've taken vacation in September as the weather is moderate, the crowds are diminished and tourist attractions are still open.

It would be interesting to try the concept of an early fall rally to see how well it is attended. The results might surprise a lot of people.

+1 :thumb The same goes for anything in life and with only 6100 to 9000 attending a National Rally and less than 1400 voting its hard to find the MOA pulse. Its almost time to call a Code Grey.

Ya, when you can get only 25% of your members to attend an event, it's pretty tough. :laugh

Why does it have to be the same time every year? Mix it up and see what happens. Fall in southern states and summers up north. May be a different mix of people would attend....which doesn't mean the world will end.

Maybe instead of just throwing out comments, which are on par with Confederate dollars, people get involved in the leadership of MOA in order to change things.

Maybe instead of just throwing out comments, which are on par with Confederate dollars, people get involved in the leadership of MOA in order to change things.

It would take a Confederate takeover to change things :nyah

:wave

Why does it have to be the same time every year? Mix it up and see what happens. Fall in southern states and summers up north. May be a different mix of people would attend....which doesn't mean the world will end.

I agree with you. If we alternate the time of year, the attendance number may be similar and we would have many of he same older members but the younger members may be a different mix.

Also, with all of the things necessary for a rally the size we have, more venues are available outside of prime summer vacation time.

Ken

Every few years I bring up that holding the rally in a month other than July would open up a lot more options. But the same old reply is always offered...."when it comes down to it, july is when most people can get time off work and many of our members spend their vacation attending the rally.
When it comes down to it the east coast is where most people can attend a rally. So I move that all rallies should now be held in July, on the east coast. :thumb LOL.

I sure would like to see the rally in the spring or Fall. It would make more locations workable.

How many "leaders" would it take....38,000?

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world. Indeed it's the only thing that ever has. -- Margaret Mead

Judging by the response to the elections, not many. I can respect someone who is willing to be a part of the solution rather than just complaining about the "problem".

Mix it up

:thumb. Looks like I really opened up a can of worms! I wonder if the "Powers That Be" at MOA Hdqrs will notice this thread? I'm forwarding a link of this thread to the editor at MOA and hope they take notice. I'd like to see a poll taken of the members to have them vote on some of the options discussed here.

Last edited:
I vote spring or fall. It can get brutal down here this time of year when it regularly reaches 100 and more. Let's mix it up. It's not written in stone, or is it?

If it doesn't work out, "Fugeddaboutit."

Easy :german

I vote spring or fall. It can get brutal down here this time of year when it regularly reaches 100 and more. Let's mix it up. It's not written in stone, or is it?

If it doesn't work out, "Fugeddaboutit."

Easy :german

Hey, a Fall Rally in the Texas Hill Country would be great!:thumb

I vote spring for the deep south--April or May.

go to the Georgia Mountain Rally. we have a great location, a strong showing of vendors, and we need the money. :ha

question for the assembled pooh-bahs: would there be an interest in a regional event down south during spring or fall? (these are not typical rallies, more like meet and eat).

ian

Back