• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Maryland Airheads SuperTech 2.2 Report

brook.reams

B Reams
Folks,

I was fortunate to be invited to attend this year's SuperTech last week. I got to visit two unique BMW motorcycle museums and attend the conference. What a first class shindig with great food and fabulous weather as it hit 70 F on Sunday in Maryland. And, the cutaway models are to die for. I learned more in 30 minutes looking at them and taking a few apart than I did from months of reading. The venue, the Tuckahoe Steam & Gas Association museum has a fascinating collection of machine tools going back to the beginning of the 20th century. A gearhead's dream come true.

--> http://brook.reams.me/2017/02/24/maryland-airheads-supertech-2-2/

The Air Marshal, Will Andalora, and his merry band of accomplices are a great example of how passion and good times invigorate the airhead faithful.

IMG_9606.jpg

Best.
Brook Reams.

Last edited:
SuperTech 2.2

Thanks for showing up and sharing your knowledge, projects and style with us at this annual event. It will happen again next year with many of the same presenters, new topics and new faces. Just another reason to join the Airheads Beemer Club. Hope to see you on the road soon.

Friedle #46
NY AM
SuperTech presenter......Adjusting the loose nut at the handlebar

I am not that far (130+/- miles) and have multiple places to stay down there (I sail out of Oxford which is close by). I have been meaning to sign up for this event for the past 2 years now and just haven't gotten myself organized. Next year for sure if you set it up again! If you are taking early reservations, I'll sign up now.

Thanks for showing up and sharing your knowledge, projects and style with us at this annual event. It will happen again next year with many of the same presenters, new topics and new faces. Just another reason to join the Airheads Beemer Club. Hope to see you on the road soon.

Friedle #46
NY AM
SuperTech presenter......Adjusting the loose nut at the handlebar

Mike,

It was nice to meet you there. I was amazed at the amount of knowledge sloshing around all weekend. I learned far more than I imparted, which is a good thing.

Best.
Brook Reams.

I am not that far (130+/- miles) and have multiple places to stay down there (I sail out of Oxford which is close by). I have been meaning to sign up for this event for the past 2 years now and just haven't gotten myself organized. Next year for sure if you set it up again! If you are taking early reservations, I'll sign up now.

Cseltz,

I think the Maryland ABC folks post a note the micapeak airheads forum when registration is open a couple months before the event. I suspect you already subscribe to this free on-line forum, but for others who aren't aware of the treasure trove of "on the mark" knowledge about the care and feeding of their airhead bikes, here is where to go to get connected.

--> http://micapeak.com/mailman/listinfo/AIRHEADS

Best.
Brook.

Paul and I really had a blast the year we went.

Thanks for bringing us along!

Voni
sMiling

Paul and I really had a blast the year we went.

Thanks for bringing us along!

Voni
sMiling

Hi Voni,

It was very cool to see Jim Hopkins had collected some of your signature red leathers and other memorabilia in his museum.

Best.
Brook.

It is a real honor to be be featured in his amazing collection of BMW!

When Big Red (my R11RS) is done traveling she'll be in Bob's BMW museum.

Voni
sMiling

Back