• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Lesson learned...adjust your clutch...

krash

So, I've been enjoying my new(to me), 99' r1100r....purchased from original owner, my buddy with 24k on the clock...all maintenance done at dealer...
Did the 24k myself and have had a blast putting almost 3k on big blue this summer...
Getting used to the gear box and pre loading each shift has been a learning curve...lately, blue has dropped out of gear into neutral a few times going from the 2'nd to 3'rd shift...I feared the worst, clutch shot or god knows...lol
The spacing between the knurled adjuster and shifter was way off...loosened the nut at the gear box end and got the correct 12 mm spacing at the threaded nut and 6 mm free play at the lever end...
Bottom line...every shift is now a smooth snick into gear...thought I was on the way to a new clutch...just a 5 minute adjustment...

Back