• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

knocking sound front fork

I think you will soon experience thousands of very low maintenance miles. You should get bonus miles for generously sharing your highs and lows along the way.

it's a motorsickle gang!

Dude, That one really made me laff. But that's what's so great about this forum, isn't it? All those people out there in the "BMW community"...or ....gang or whatever it is, who are willing to help each other out w some expertise and experience. I'm way low on the expertise part, but I hope my experiences have been useful....or amusing to others.

I'll report back on what we learn about forks later in the week.

BTW, When is graduation here at The School of Hard Knocks? It's a lovely campus with dedicated professors, but all things being equal...Philadelphia.

the scientific method

Remember that from school? What was the one thing that changed? I kept thinking that it was that we'd tightened the SHB a little tad shade, but couldn't figure out why that would make the forks "clank" at the top. Then I decided it was "just its time." Whatever was in there that used to prevent the noise had given up the ghost btw the last ride in November, and putting it up on the lift in February for the SHB adjust.

Have you got it yet? I wonder how long I would've had to think about it. We even talked about taking it down off the lift, but I couldn't see what difference that would make, so we left it up there and took the forks all apart.

I didn't to give too big a hint thinking you might enjoy the game. The difference would have been that it wouldn't have been on the center stand.

It's a game of inches.

Back