• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Kid's got me a vintage BMW for XMAS

85k100lt

Cave Creek AZ
I've always wanted a vintage bike - but could not handle the oil slinger isssue. So I will also keep my R75/6 with pressure oil system.

Attachments

• vintageBMw.jpg
    vintageBMw.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 227
Hey, I've done this before...took a picture of my new-to-me "R90S". Can we get a bigger view...can you step back from the bike a bit?? :stick

Here's "my" R90S:

Attachments

• R90S_LR.jpg
    R90S_LR.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 204
Last edited:
The Incredible Shrinking Man

Kurt,

I think there's a ray that has been invented that will shrink you down to size, so then you can sit on it, roll it down a hill and make engine noises with your lips!

How much did you pay, and how many miles???? This might be the answer to an affordable R90S, at last!!!

Regards,

Walking Eagle

How much did you pay, and how many miles???? This might be the answer to an affordable R90S, at last!!!

I think I paid around $50...I wonder if that's the proper scaled value for this model? I forget if it's 1/24th or 1/16th or something.

Edit: Just checked...it's 1/10th scale. So, $50 scaled up...that's a hell of a deal!!

As a side note...I see you live in/around Tularosa. This past year, I've spent quite a bit of time in Alamogordo and down at the USAF base for my work. We would usually go up to the Mexican restaurant on the south side of town at least once a trip. I always love to see the mountains!

Last edited:
I wonder if that's the proper scaled value for this model? I forget if it's 1/24th or 1/16th or something.

I was about to say .... those front brake rotors looked awfully thick! I'm still trying to find my /5... last time I saw it was at the back of my tool chest in the garage.
09.gif

Hi, All,
And should anyone be interested, I have 2 (one unassembled, one partially assembled) 500cc Rennsports, an unassembled R75/5 and an unassembled R100RS. Somewhere, I also probably have an assembled R100RT (I think).

I'll bite. . .PHM. . .

if for no other reason than the rarity of Beemers in this part of the world! I think this thread was hi-jacked long ago, but apologies!!!

Details??? [Let's see: I've not priced-out the cost of a divorce, recently. . .]
All there, and just in pieces? Not all there????

WTF is this strange compulsion we have to take things apart and (maybe) put them back together??? "You people" are S-I-C-K!!!!!

Food Notes (and this is a very short list, amigos), Alamogordo: Eddie's Burritos ****(stars)

Regards,

Walking Eagle

Back