• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

k75 s cuts out

poisoncanyon

my k75s cuts out when it gets somewhat low on fuel (maybe as much as two gallons left) and climbing a hill. runs fine once the road flattens out. any suggestions? thanks, james

Make sure the fuel pump is properly positioned all the way down in its rubber mount. If not, it will suck air on an incline when the fuel runs rearward. Also check that the intake filter is properly positioned.

Fuel Starvation

With @ one gallon of fuel in the tank look into the tank to see if the fuel pump support has moved and while there lool at the fuel pickup see if you can see if the fue:bikes l line has split. if you are adventurous remove the filler door to gain more accses to the fuel filter then inspect more to see if the fuel lines are intact
good luck there are others here who can help with this more.

Michael Rich
:buds

Another possibility: Once I had similar symptoms on a car that drove me crazy for a little while.

To make a long story short, I had a gob of floating crud in the tank that clogged the intake filter whenever the fuel level got low or on an incline. Whenever I leveled off or added gas, the problem went away, as the gob floated up, uncovering the intake. Removing and draining the tank solved it.

I try very hard not to buy gas when there is a tanker present, as filling stirs up all sorts of stuff lurking in the tank.

Last edited:
My K bike would cut out on me when the tank would get below half. When full of gas it would run fine but after about 100 miles it would cut out. I pulled out the full filter and found a kink in one of the hoses inside the tank. I unkinked the hose and made sure it was placed back in the tank without it rekinking. It ran normally after that without cutting out

Back