• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

K1600 Meetup/Ride in LA 3/23

sgreen0313

I have organized a ride this Sunday with members of the K1600 forum and also invited those on the BMWLT forum and didn't want to leave this group out. The ride is on Angeles Crest HWY and includes a couple of stops to socialize and eat. It is open primarily to K1600 riders, but any roundel will do. Details below and please know that all updates are in the K1600 forum (including .gpx files) in this thread: http://www.k1600forum.com/forum/southwest-riders/48234-group-ride-3-22-3-23-a.html.

Here is an overview of the ride.

Here are the details on the Sunday, 3/23 ride. Addresses are included as waypoints in the attached .gpx files. Overview maps are also included as attachments. If you need assistance with importing routes into your GPS, or want a set of printed instructions, please let me know.

Best I can tell the 2 HWY is still closed from Islip Saddle to 5 miles West of Big Pines. It may or may not be open on Sunday. The Caltrans website states that you still need chains on the 2 HWY. According to the staff at Newcomb?s this is not true and there is no snow on, or near, the road. Because of the potential closure I have included two routes: one if open (ACH-Islip Open.GPX) and one if closed (ACH-Islip Closed.GPX) as a backup. Import both into your GPS and we?ll use whichever one is appropriate.

Currently temps are scheduled to be in the 50s, so dress accordingly and, more importantly make sure your pillions are dressed appropriately.

Sweep/Tail Gunner: If you have a FRS or GMRS radio connected to your comm system AND don?t mind riding sweep/tail gunner (last rider in the pack) please see me prior to the brief.

Advanced Party: if you and a buddy would like to be our ?advanced party? at Newcomb?s and/or Grizzly, please let me know. Advanced party personnel will depart a few minutes early and secure our table/location at the next stop.

10:00 am: Group breakfast/coffee (for those interested) at Hill Street Caf? in La Canada. Two gas stations are located within one block of Hill Street Caf?; so don?t forget to fuel up PRIOR to the ride brief. I?ll reserve a large table for whoever wants to join us and will be wearing a white and blue BMW baseball cap.

10:45 am: Movement to empty cul-de-sac adjacent to Jay?s Shell station (one block from Hill Street Caf?).
11:00am: Ride Brief
11:05am: KSU

Both routes have us stopping at Newcomb?s Ranch and Grizzly Caf? for socializing, eyeing each other?s bikes, famous hot chocolate and, of course, more eating. Since this is the first time many of us are riding together the plan calls for stopping at both locations for one hour. That?s great for planning purposes but we will leave whenever the majority of the group is darn good and ready (earlier or later).

Radio frequencies (for those that have them):

Main Ride Channel: 462.5625 (no privacy codes)
Alternate Ride Channel: 462.6250 (no privacy codes)
See this thread if you need help figuring out which channel that is on your radio: http://www.k1600forum.com/forum/bmw...1-bike-2-bike-radio-frequency-comparison.html

I will be carrying a basic first aid kit, air compressor, plug kit and small set of tools.

My contact info:
Stephen Green
sgreen at teamgreenrealty dot com
Cell: 818.588.6476.

I look forward to seeing/meeting you!

Back