• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

K 75 Fork Oil Leak

reimerdavid

Help ! My K-75 has developed a fork oil leak were the front axle bolt is connected to the bottom of the fork......not at the oil drain plug,,, and it gets stranger. It only leaks if the bike is warmed by the sun after a few hours. Has anyone ever heard of this situation and what the fix is ??

Something odd. There is a bolt centrally located from the bottom of your fork slider (axle out) - that goes up into the fork and grabs the bottom of the damping rod. It has an aluminum crush washer on it. If this bolt was loose - I can see a leak as you describe - but the when it's warmed is a bit puzzling (could be a pressure buildup due to the heat I guess.. but won't be much pressure.) I'd pull the axle and take a good look at where the oil is actually coming from.

You need to remove the wheel/axle and replace the crush washer around the bolt that holds the slider to the damping rod.

My best guess is that the bolt is slightly loose and expansion from the solar gain loosens it just enough further to allow it to leak. Just tightening the bolt might do the trick.

Back