• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Jesse Odyssey handles

bmwgsrider

Has anyone had an issue of the handles coming unlatched while riding down the road on their Jesse Odyssey saddlebags?

I have tightened the handles as much as I possibly can. I know I have latched the handles and at times when I stop at a location a handle will be unlatched.

Do you think I need to replace the handles only or should I replace both rivet part and handles?

Not sure if anyone had this problem and if so what he/she may have done to resolve the problem.

Thanks in advance.

Me too

I noticed mine did that too. After looking at the latch I noticed the notch was no longer round but was now elongated. I think the vibration against the pin wore it out. I wrapped the pin in a thin strip of cloth tape to give the latch something to bite into again and to pad it against further vibration damage and I haven't had a problem since.

I noticed mine did that too. After looking at the latch I noticed the notch was no longer round but was now elongated. I think the vibration against the pin wore it out. I wrapped the pin in a thin strip of cloth tape to give the latch something to bite into again and to pad it against further vibration damage and I haven't had a problem since.

My notches on the handles are also elongated too. Did you wrap it to where the pin was 100% covered?

Thanks.

No, just the shaft of the pin. That's what causes pressure on the latch to keep it locked. I cut a piece of cloth friction tape about 1/8 inch wide and wrapped two layers around the pin. I haven't had a problem since and the latch still feels firm when I close it.

The shaft and not the head of the pin? Hmmm, I'm going to give a couple layers of shrink tubing a try...

That should work too. It appears just to need something to keep the metal parts from rubbing on each other. Have fun and good luck!

No, just the shaft of the pin. That's what causes pressure on the latch to keep it locked. I cut a piece of cloth friction tape about 1/8 inch wide and wrapped two layers around the pin. I haven't had a problem since and the latch still feels firm when I close it.

Thanks! 

Back