• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Jay Leno's Garage, now on CNBC.

Omega Man

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat
Staff member
Now that Jay Leno's Garage is on at an hour it's better for me to watch it- I have. It's pretty interesting and along with cars, there is quite a few motorcycles and their variants. Tonight one of the features was side-car racing. One of Jay's staff is apparently a side-car enthusiast and build his own to race- and does well. They seem to feature some of the obscure "bike" forms such as the BMW 3-wheel cars, and the reasons behind them.

What is real interesting is that Jay drives/rides most of the vehicles, some like the 80yo owner of "Hemi-Under Glass" are driven by their owners- and it doesn't always go well.
Tonight Jay did real well at the helm of the side-car racing rig. Iffin' your interested-

http://www.cnbc.com/live-tv/jay-lenos-garage

OM

If you are a Jay Leo's Garage fan, go to You-Tube and search Jay Leo's Garage. You will uncover many, many posts of him driving a large variety of cars, trucks, bikes, batmobiles, and almost anything that rolls. I have been going there for a while, and I think I am only scratching the surface. I have not tried it, but I suspect that you could search Jay Leno Motorcycle and get a good result if you want to focus on bikes.

Does Jay Leno actually know the difference between a mig welder and a tig welder? Does he own a set of Whitworth sockets?

The Hemi Under Glass segment was painful to watch !

Glad that those two old motor heads made it out of that wreck unscathed.

Does Jay Leno actually know the difference between a mig welder and a tig welder? Does he own a set of Whitworth sockets?

Yes.
Yes.

He has somewhat above average car guy's skills and training. But his vehicles are above average in rarity and value, and he has money, and he knows his own limitations, so his collection is mostly maintained and restored by professionals to protect his investment. For the videos, his reputation also provides access to many vehicles outside of the collection.

he has money, and he knows his own limitations, so his collection is mostly maintained and restored by professionals

Thanks for the clarification. Yes, that was my assumption. I always wondered how he kept that blue shirt so spotless.

He owns more than one shirt, and can change it before the camera work starts.

A gearhead all of his life, didn't always have money.

He's a better wrench than most would think.

Just being around talent rubs off.

He cleans up well.

Cept that hair!

Don't know if he can act, but if Gran Prix is remade he should get the Enzo part.

+1 "GRLambert sez to Youtube search JLenos garage." There are videos, also check out the drop down "Playlists" for more info oriented vids.

If you want to laugh, try "RoadKill", for some serious lunatic fun.

Bill

Last edited:
Jay and I go way back to the Tonight Show with Johnny Carson. Jay telling jokes and funny stories on stage and me sitting in front of my tv and laughing. Good guy. :thumb

Great show tonight :thumb
Nice to see the "Bluesmobile" :burnout
A late friend of mine did a bunch of driving in the Blues Brothers Movie.
Hope the show has some "staying power".
Nice to see the old TV commercials- Kawasaki, AMC Matador.....
OM

Jay is my most sited celebrity. I have seen him for years around moto events here in So Cal. He is often found hanging out at the Rock Store on Mulholland Hwy with a bike.

I think his show is a hoot, and I loved his recent comment "As president of the More Money Than Brains Club, I happen to know a few of these folks".

I have not spoken to him personally, but everyone says he is a very nice guy.

The episode tonight was interesting, they were at Roland Sands shop. Roland, Jay and Anthony Kiedis took a spin on some customs :thumb
OM

He has his limitations and he should stick to cars and bikes.

?

Thanks for pointing that out.

The guy spends his time and $ preserving automotive history, and a Corvair for gosh sake.

Then posts it for all of us to see and enjoy.

The Briggs Cunningham collection was awesome, did you see it? No?

It does not exist anymore.

Neither does the original Bill Harrah's collection and many others.

Does he profit from "his" collection? I hope so.

I know I do!

Bill

Last edited:
Back