• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Is this what "snowed in" feels like?

That Robin picture..I grew up on the Prairies in Manitoba.The robins then were the cheery birds that heralded spring!!and SUMMER!! When the girls finally took off their winter parkas.

Now,on the Wet Coast,the robins are noisy nuisanceces who start their territorial chirping at 4 am,and eat all the cherries off my tree before they can ripen.

103 forecast today...I'm riding anyways,leaving in a bit, back before 4PM and peak heat ...just keep moving....just keep moving...:dance

wish it would snow

90f-100f with 80-100% humidity.Every day until October.The low temps around 79-85 hurt too. People say it is what you get used to that is your comfort zone. We eat hot peppers down here ,everyday-go figure.Will be migrating north next summer.:violin

Still cookin'

The humidity isn't bad right now in Central TX...I lived in Houston/Galveston and worked outdoors in the 1980's That is some serious humidity daily this time of year...can you say MUGGY?

This morning we worked outside watching the garden burn up a month or two early. Being on a well, we really are watching the water use best we can. Ours reportedly hasn't dried in over ten years, but the old fellow down the hill from me does almost every August...he collects rainwater and has large storage tanks...thing is less than and inch the last two months during our "wet" season does not fare well for the WWII vet.
A buddy came by and changed two sets of tires right before noon...In the shade was 95. Outdoors showed 104 ...I watched this time:whistle:laugh:laugh
Then we retreated inside the A/C until 7PM when the sun eased up a little...still 99 on the porch outside my office as I looked a minute ago.

Some of the guys are headed to the Confederate ( or whatever they have to call it now) Airforce Musuem in Midland this Saturday and planning on spending the night...for those who don't know...that's even further into West Texas and pretty much desert environment...I'm not headed there. Call me a weenie...but not a roasted one!

Dreaming of Colorado's snowy peaks come end of July for the 100,00 Ft Ride is some relief

If you want to venture out and shake some of the cabin fever. There is going to be a bunch of us coming in from all across the state tonight and camp out over at Inks Lake State Park... Then meet up at the TWT Pie Run to the Bluebonnet Cafe in Marble Falls, Saturday lunch time.

If you want to venture out and shake some of the cabin fever. There is going to be a bunch of us coming in from all across the state tonight and camp out over at Inks Lake State Park... Then meet up at the TWT Pie Run to the Bluebonnet Cafe in Marble Falls, Saturday lunch time.

Thanks...just back from riding in the other direction..Comfort & Boerne and a nice ride until 1PM.

Inks Lake is a really nice spot...great riding out that way...and of course the PIE at the Bluebonnet. Maybe catch y'all on the next trip!

I'm in Dallas and we're under the same high pressure system. My 6:30 in the morning commute is very nice: temperature in the high 70s and early enough to never go slower than 60 MPH. But that afternoon commute home from downtown Dallas to McKinney near rush hour on Central Expressway is terrible. Thank heavens for HOV lanes that allow me to keep moving for most of the trip home.

I hear ya Grant, and I don't miss Dallas. I can remember one *HOT* afternoon trying to go north on Central on my K100RT...traffic more stopped than going...I had to pull off at least once because the bike overheated, and I was pretty miserable too.

It gets pretty nasty here in Atlanta too (locals call it 'Hotlanna'), but at least the scenery is prettier and with so much more in the way of trees, you can ride in the shade in some parts of town. :D

"ONLY" hit 99 here today, and there is thunder off to the east right now...maybe a break...sorry NM & AZ as that high pressure has slid your way a bit.
Rode into the county seat to take care of some county bidness at noon today...found a shade tree at the courthouse to leave the bike under.Gotta love small town courthouse squares! Then a nice backroads ride home before the 3PM bake off. I do not miss Houston, Austin and San Antone concrete jungles at that time of day...your feet are on fire at every stop in traffic.

Riding back from Dawson, YT on the Top of the World Highway last Saturday it was 36 degrees and raining. Lots of fresh snow just a bit higher up the hills. Hot does not seem too grueling sometimes.

We're affected too here in the mountains. Instead of getting down into the upper 40s at night, it is just getting down into the low 50s. It makes it hard to sleep at night when it is that warm. And during the day, it sometimes gets up to the low to mid-80s. But to make it really worse, the humidity soars up to as much as 10-15%. It is about 9:30 in the morning and it has already shot up to 67 degrees. Makes me wish we had A/C in the house. Yup, we're all suffering.

we're all suffering.

Just a reminder that the Pacific Northwest gets weather as well. we are currently in the throes of an unusual phenomenon: the sky has taken a rarely seen blue coloration and it is expected to break 80 today!!

We're affected too here in the mountains. Instead of getting down into the upper 40s at night, it is just getting down into the low 50s. It makes it hard to sleep at night when it is that warm. And during the day, it sometimes gets up to the low to mid-80s. But to make it really worse, the humidity soars up to as much as 10-15%. It is about 9:30 in the morning and it has already shot up to 67 degrees. Makes me wish we had A/C in the house. Yup, we're all suffering.

:banghead I won't talk mean to you next January!:whistle

Headed up that way for 100,000 ft Ride end of July...hopefully leaving the heat behind and not with us!

Back