• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Interesting news in the AMA world

Visian

look out!!!
The American Motorcyclist Association has sold the rights to professional racing to the Daytona Motorsports Group.

http://www.amadirectlink.com/news/2008/AMARacing.asp

I am sitting in the press conference right now.

Very interesting turn of events (especially for those who know the whole histroy of this) and will be good for all involved, imo.

Ian

I had the chance to chat for a bit with Roger Edmondson after the press conference and he sees a lot of hard work ahead.

But then, that isn't anything new to him.

It was so bizarre sitting in the stands at the 200, and then the Superbike race immediately after. No one was there.

Yes, there was a TV audience but after going to this race for nearly 40 years now, over the past 5 years it has taken a turn that sorely needs correcting.

This used to be the premiere international race, with great significance. Today it is a shell of its former self, with a number of confusing events that appear slanted to give each manufacturer a chance to win so that they can advertise "we're #1!"

imo, if anyone can get this situation turned around, it is Roger Edmondson and the Daytona Motorsports Group.

Ian

I'm glad to see this. The AMA has built a set of classes that are full of motorcycles that all look and sound alike. From a fan perspective, this makes for some boring racing. I hope they can mix it up, improve the coverage and organize the classes to bring exciting racing with a variety of manufacturers contending for the crowns.

I think the AMA does a great job at giving everyone that wants it the opportunity to race, but as a fan they left a little to be desired. I do think its time for a promotional minded organization to take the race over and turn it back into the event it use to be. I hope they are successful.:thumb

Television of the Qatar GP?

Speaking of racing, I tried to watch the Moto GP race from Qatar last night, and Speed TV had only the GP 250 race. Was the main race televised anywhere?

Thanks for the info, Ian. I know more of the story background than I need to know and I value your opinion on the change.

Back