• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Insane Supermoto handling and speed!

Liaison
Staff member
Poking around utube, ran across this short video. Posted by Brandon Paasch who I believe is a Moto America Superbike racer. Incredible bike control!!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6SXtaUQxsWk?si=B-gYYnUHo8GoZ_Up" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

One might, ahem, be able to see many examples of the "ice cream cone" grip in this video... :ha :nod

If I tried anything close to that I would end up the same way the Ice Creme Kone would be once it hit the hot pavement. :eek

OM

Sorry, Ian, I didn't see any of that. Looks like to me he has his palm on the throttle with fingers extended to the brake lever. IMO.

I wonder how many high-sides he had while learning how to control those slides. Pretty impressive control. His grip looked conventional to me.

Any time I suffer the delusion that after 900,000 miles I actually know how to ride a motorcycle, I see something like this that totally disabuses me of that far fetched notion.

I guess we think the "ice cream cone" grip are different things...that looks like a normal grip to me. We'll just have to agree to disagree! :wave

I guess we think the "ice cream cone" grip are different things...that looks like a normal grip to me. We'll just have to agree to disagree! :wave

Found the pics from my article… fwiw I called it the “screwdriver” grip.

Full grip, no lever cover… neutral position
Screwdriver_grip-X2.jpg

Full grip, no lever coverage, “performance riding” position
Screwdriver_grip_1-X2.jpg

Covering brake with “ADV” finger (same as in screen cap of video)
Grip_4-X2.jpg

¾-to-full coverage
Grip_6-X2.jpg

Dirt/standing technique
Aonia_2010_4-X2.jpg

I did the same thing on a big G-out at rally school on a rented bike thinking like I was on my bike with better suspension. He stands to make a full recovery depending how bad it is.

I had a 20% compression fracture of my L1.

I rode 100 miles of easy stuff the next day then flew home. I was back at work the next day but didn't know what the damage was until a few days later. I'd already flown to my next job by the time I talked to the doc about the X-rays. You could hear her horror by her silence on the end of the phone. :ha

Back